Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Environment and Society
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Environmental Group within the School of Humanities and Languages brings together a uniquely interdisciplinary collective of scholars with a grounding in geography, history, philosophy, sociology, cultural studies, science and technology studies (STS) and social theory. It is responsible for teaching undergraduate streams in Environmental Humanities and postgraduate programs in Environmental Management. The Environmental Humanities major was one of the first of its kind in the world, and has provided a critical basis for high quality environmental humanities and broad environmentally-focused scholarship that has been conducted at UNSW.
About the role
- Lecturer, Level B $103K -$121K plus 17% superannuation and leave loading and annual leave loading
- Senior Lecturer, Level C $125K -$143K plus 17% superannuation and leave loading and annual leave loading
- Fixed term from 1 June 2018 to 30 June 2020
The Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Environment & Society will make a substantial contribution to teaching in the School’s undergraduate streams in Environmental Humanities and may also contribute to the postgraduate programs in Environmental Management. The Lecturer/Senior Lecturer will also make a substantial contribution to producing critical and innovative research in a relevant field. They are also expected to undertake academic engagement and leadership as appropriate to the level of appointment.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Hold a PhD (or equivalent research higher degree) in a relevant field (e.g., environmental humanities, environmental studies, geography, STC, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to teach quality and innovative classes focused on contemporary environmental issues and a capacity to supervise honours and higher degree research students in these areas.
- Demonstrated expertise and a strong research track record relative to opportunity in one or more of the following areas: geography, history, philosophy, cultural studies, anthropology, sociology and/or science and technology studies (STS) with an environmental focus.
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity or Indigenous heritage. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Dr Andrew Beattie, Head of School (Acting), School of Humanities and Languages
Applications close: 11:59pm Sunday 25 March 2018
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Physical Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Kensington
- Fixed Term Social Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Kensington
- Fixed Term Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Kensington
- Fixed Term Geography Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Kensington