Associate Professor in Environment and Society
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Environmental Group within the School of Humanities and Languages brings together a uniquely interdisciplinary collective of scholars with a grounding in geography, environmental policy, sociology, history, philosophy, cultural studies, science and technology studies (STS) and social theory. It is responsible for teaching undergraduate streams in Environmental Humanities and postgraduate programs in Environmental Management. The well-established postgraduate programs in Environmental Management encourage interdisciplinary approaches to the environment, critical thinking about the framing and management of environmental issues, and participatory solutions.
About the role
- Associate Professor Level D $149K-$164K plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
The Associate Professor in Environment & Society will make a substantial contribution to teaching in the School’s postgraduate programs in Environmental Management and may also contribute to the undergraduate streams in Environmental Humanities. The Associate Professor will also make a substantial contribution to leadership of the discipline group and its programs – particularly the postgraduate programs in Environmental Management. They are expected to play a leadership and engagement role more broadly, and to produce critical and innovative research in a relevant field.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- A PhD or equivalent research higher degree in a field relevant to Environmental Management (e.g. geography, environmental studies, environmental policy, STS etc) from a recognised university.
- A track record of excellent university-level teaching in Environmental Studies and Environmental Management.
- A demonstrated record of academic excellence including innovative teaching and curriculum development at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- A strong track record of successful supervision of honours students and higher degree research students.
- Significant expertise and an outstanding track record of publications in high quality international disciplinary journals and demonstrated capacity to contribute to the research agenda of the Environmental Group, and in line with Faculty and School research strengths and priorities.
- Demonstrated success in gaining competitive external research funding and participate in collaborative research and educational projects.
- A demonstrated record of service to the academic profession, for example through editorial roles or the organisation of conferences.
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity or Indigenous heritage. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Dr Andrew Beattie, Head of School (Acting), School of Humanities and Languages
Applications close: 11:59pm Sunday 25th March 2018
More searches like this
- Permanent Physical Sciences Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Kensington
- Permanent Social Sciences Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Kensington
- Permanent Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Kensington
- Permanent Geography Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Kensington