Associate Professorship in Materials Science and Engineering
Faculty of Natural Sciences
Department of Materials Science and Engineering
Information about the department
Research activities in the Department cover inorganic and ceramic materials, electrochemical energy technology, corrosion, physical metallurgy and metallurgical and electrochemical process engineering. At present the Department has 41 professors and associate professors, and about 105 research fellows.
For more information about the department and our activities, reference is made to the web page www.ntnu.edu/ima.
The position will strengthen the research profile at the department towards potential application of ceramic and functional inorganic materials in biomedicine. The successful applicant is expected to initiate and coordinate projects in collaboration with national and international partners and further develop training of master and PhD candidates in biomedical applications of inorganic materials. The position will also contribute to teaching basic courses on BSc and MSc level and specialised courses in ceramics and functional materials science with focus on ferroic materials for MSc and PhD.
Documented competence in preparation and characterization of ferroelectric and piezoelectric materials will be emphasized in the evaluation of candidates. Skills in ceramic processing as well as solution based synthesis routes are preferred. In depth knowledge in structural, electromechanical and dielectric properties of piezoelectric materials have the highest priority. Knowledge and research ambitions on biocompatibility and biomedical applications of ceramics will be considered a great advantage. Applicants should show potential to initiate and develop a strong program of externally funded research and scholarships to strengthen the existing research activity at the department. Emphasis will be placed on scientific skills and experience with supervision of MSc and PhD students.
Evaluation of the applicant will be based on documented material, including teaching experience at university level, pedagogical training, presentation of academic work, experience from supervision of students and PhD candidates, as well as other related skills.
The successful candidate will have a PhD in a relevant field, a proven track record over the last five years of research that will complement and augment research programs in one of the research groups at the Department of Materials Science and Engineering.
Academic staff that is unable to document formal pedagogical qualifications in university-level teaching is required to successfully complete a recognized course that gives a pedagogical qualification in university-level teaching within two years of taking up the appointment. Courses are available at NTNU.
Newly employed academic staff who do not speak or write a Scandinavian language is required to obtain knowledge of Norwegian or another Scandinavian language within three years of taking up an appointment. This must be of a standard that is equivalent to Level Three in the “Norwegian for Foreigners” courses provided by the Department of Linguistics, NTNU.
Terms of employment
The appointment is to be made in accordance with the regulations in force concerning State Employees and Civil Servants.
At NTNU you will have various and challenging tasks in an international research and development environment.
The position as Professor/Associate Professor is remunerated according to the Norwegian State salary scale. There is a 2% deduction for superannuation contribution.
As a member of the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund you are offered:
- A good pension for life
- A favorable housing loan interest
- Good insurance schemes
NTNU’s personnel policy objective is that the staff must reflect the composition of the population to the greatest possible extent.
More information about the Department Materials Science and Engineering and the open position can be obtained from Professor Mari-Ann Einarsrud , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: (+47) 73594002 or Head of Department Jostein Mårdalen, e-mail: email@example.com phone: (+47) 98283910.73594034 9189765294034 91897652
The application should contain:
- CV including list of publications with bibliographical references, and contact details for three referees
- Testimonials and certificates
- The most relevant publications - published or unpublished - that has relevance to the evaluation of the applicant’s qualifications (max 10)
- A brief description of the scientific and technological relevance of the candidate’s research
- Research proposal (max 5 pages)
- A brief statement of teaching experience. Applicants are asked to describe their pedagogical qualifications in accordance with “Documentation of an applicant’s pedagogical qualifications“, which can be found at:http://www.ntnu.edu/vacancies/pedagogical-qualifications
- Other documents which the applicant would like to present
- If relevant, a list of supervised projects with information on funding agency, years of duration and the funds received.
The application and the description of academic works for evaluation must be submitted in English.
The application should only be sent electronically through this page.
The position’s reference number is NV-30/18.
Closing date: 2018-03-23.
ABOUT THIS JOB
- Deadline Friday, March 23, 2018
- Employer NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Municipality Trondheim
- Jobbnorge ID 148762
- Internal ID 2018/6533
- Scope Fulltime
- Duration Permanent
- Applications on this job are registered in an electronic form on jobbnorge.no
- You must complete: Academic CV
- Please refer to where you first saw this job advertised!