Operations Manager, Student and Auxiliary, Information Services and Technology Applications
3 days left
- Full Time
The Operations Manager will lead the operational support of Boston University’s Information Services and Technology (IS&T) Student Information Systems (SIS) and Auxiliary Systems services; both legacy and modern. This position will be an individual contributor that will work in a matrixed environment with various IS&T SIS and Auxiliary managers and their teams to ensure successful operations.
The Operations Manager is a senior role that will:
- Lead and mentor a high performing operations team in a matrixed environment
- Ensure the smooth operations of critical university systems throughout the year, including the oversight of critical university events
- Refine, communicate and implement operational support processes and procedures in the evolving Student and Auxiliary landscape
- Oversee operational support activities including service tickets (incidents, services requests, enhancements, defects), operational change and release management, operational planning and roadmaps
- Create and maintain service operations documentation
- Ensure operational resource coverage and backup for Student and Auxiliary services
- Engage the client/user community in regards to operational activities
- Participate in the management of vendors providing software and services enabling Student and Auxiliary systems
- Create and present operational status and metrics to IS&T management
- Escalate operational issue that required attention to IS&T management
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant IT work experience or the equivalent managing operational team(s).
- Advanced analytical, computer/technical and project/process management skills
- Advanced knowledge of service management processes and procedures; ITIL certification preferred
- Advanced oral, written and presentation communications skills
- Experience providing supervision over several groups in a matrixed fashion
- Highly process-oriented, with proven success in solving business challenges through the design and implementation of process
- Experience in Higher Education is desirable. Specifically knowledge of higher education processes such as recruitment, admissions, financial aid, student records management, curriculum management, student accounting, housing, dining, parking, etc.
- Collaborative and supportive approach to working with numerous and diverse groups of people
BOSTON, Massachusetts, United States