Salesforce Architect, Information Services and Technology Administrative Systems
4 days left
- Full Time
The Salesforce.com Architect will play a lead role in the evolution of Boston Universitys Information Services and Technology (IS&T) organizations use of Salesforce.com as a platform for application hosting and development. The Salesforce.com Architect is an advanced professional role that will collaborate on Salesforce.com strategy with IS&T management; work with enterprise architecture to establish and execute the Salesforce.com architecture processes and procedures; define and deliver architectural artifacts related to BUs use of Salesforce.com as a platform for application hosting and development; evaluate, explore and introduce new approaches, techniques, technologies and industry standards in relation to Salesforce.com; define common frameworks, reusable components and reference architectures related to the Salesforce.com platform; provide guidance and support to the Salesforce.com development team and participate in operational support and maintenance of the Salesforce.com platform and applications.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years of IT work experience or the equivalent with demonstrated knowledge in Salesforce.com. Preferably multiple implementations. Higher Ed implementations is desirable
- Salesforce Architect, Developer and Administration Certifications strongly preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Salesforce development, best practices and design patterns – Force.com, Visualforce, Apex, SOQL, custom objects, workflows, triggers, Force.com IDE, migration tools, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Salesforce APIs (bulk API, Metadata API), Web Services (SOAP, REST), e-mail integration
- Advanced knowledge of integrating Salesforce with 3rd party systems using web services and app exchange apps
- Advanced understanding, adoption and utilization of declarative customizations versus programmatic customizations
- Knowledge of Higher Education and related Salesforce.com/.org standards (e.g. HEDA) and applications (e.g. TargetX) is highly desirable
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Understanding of project management concepts and frameworks such as waterfall, Prince 2, Scrum
- Experience and/or certification in ITIL service management practices is desirable
BOSTON, Massachusetts, United States