Senior Lecturer/Lecturer Literacy
- Based at the Bundoora campus
- Full time, ongoing position starting 1 July, 2018
- Salary $98,815-$131,104 p.a + 17% super
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise in which teaching, research and engagement are central to achieving positive impact and creating life-changing experiences for our students. One of Australia's original educational institutions founded in 1887, RMIT University now has 83,000 students including 12,000 at postgraduate level.
The College of Design and Social Context encompasses RMIT University's renowned art, communication, built environment, design, education and social science disciplines and is comprised of seven schools.
The School of Education is a collegial, collaborative and creative space for teaching, learning and research in the discipline of Education. The school recognises the value of education that is relevant and innovative and is therefore a dual sector school that works actively with industry, government and the community partners in real world settings to provide a range of programs from specially tailored intervention programs for young people at risk of leaving education to PhDs in education.
The role and your responsibilities
This role will be appointed either at the Lecturer or Senior Lecturer level.
Lecturer: Contribute to the teaching and research efforts of the School, in areas related to Literacy Education and preferably curriculum and assessment. You will supervise research projects and theses at the postgraduate level in areas related to their areas of expertise, contribute to School, College and University strategic plan targets in research and/or consultancy, and maintain and develop his/her professional standing within the profession or discipline. You will also work collaboratively and collegially with fellow academics within the teaching team and undertake administrative tasks as appropriate.
Senior Lecturer: Make a significant contribution to the delivery of programs, be actively involved in research and develop, engage in and lead high quality research projects with the goal of successfully attracting research funding with high quality outputs. You will embed your research expertise into the life of the School and be required to develop high-quality, productivity-driven networks across RMIT and at a national and international level. You may also have responsibility for program management.
Skills and experience required
- You will be required to prepare and deliver online Literacy Education at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, with the ability to produce high quality curriculum or program materials.
- You will also be involved in course coordination whilst working effectively and sensitively with students as well as supervision of higher degree by research students.
- The role will require you to teach literacy effectively in primary/middle school settings and contribute to the professional learning of practicing teachers.
- You will have an emerging track record and recognition for quality research outputs ultimately contributing to the School's research areas and evidenced by publications, development of new research initiatives, competitive research funding, and industry links.
- Key to the role will be your ability to build effective networks with colleagues and generate alternative funding projects through effective liaison with industry and government.
For the Snr Lecturer:
- You will be required to coordinate large courses and prepare and deliver programs (undergraduate and post-graduate), including high quality curriculum and program materials and the ability to implement innovative approaches to student-centred learning and quality improvement.
- You will have the ability to manage a program and program team and develop collaborative research teams and work to attract external research funding and manage these research projects.
A completed PhD in a relevant discipline and a recognised teaching qualification together with recent experience appropriate to the Australian Primary and/or Middle School sector.
Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children check.
For further information please contact Nicky Carr, Program Manager on 61 3 9925 7802, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or to view a position description visit yourcareer.rmit.edu.au and search using job reference number 560625
Applications close 11:55pm on Sunday 18th March 2018. .
Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description (for the role you are applying for).
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.