Business Development Manager
- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
- Fixed Term position in new Institute
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President (Office of Research and Innovation) has responsibility for research strategic planning, managing research partnerships, prioritising University investment in strategic initiatives, and responding to changes in the external environment.
The University of Adelaide has established a new multi-million dollar research institute to research the capacity of machines to learn, and to help deliver the so-called fourth industrial revolution for Australia. The Australian Institute for Machine Learning (AIML) will help lead South Australia through the economic transformation, directly supporting South Australian businesses to develop new products based on artificial intelligence and upskilling the workforce of the future.
This exciting new role of Business Development Manager is responsible for developing new business opportunities in line with the strategic objectives and capabilities of the Australian Institute for Machine Learning, to drive the growth and long term sustainability of the Institute. The Business Development Manager will have responsibility for developing engagement with Industry, Defence, Government, SMEs and Global research partners to secure new and continuing business opportunities for the Institute.
An attractive remuneration package is available to the successful applicant.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of up to 17% may apply.
Term of position: This is a fixed-term contract role of 2 years in the first instance.
To be successful you should have:
- Extensive experience and proven track record in business development leading to contracts and continuing business opportunities
- An entrepreneurial approach to identifying and generating opportunities, supporting growth, engaging interest and achieving increased revenue
- Demonstrated understanding of current commercial business development principles, negotiation, markets, business and technology trends and issues
- Highly developed stakeholder relationship management abilities including success in working collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders, influencing with tact and fostering credibility at all levels
- Proven high level negotiation skills in government and/or industry
- Significant experience in successfully sourcing national and international funding opportunities
- An understanding of AI and machine learning (desirable)
To obtain a copy of the position description please visit the University of Adelaide job opportunities page via this link
Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria in the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Mr Ian Will, Operations Manager-AIML, telephone: 8313 6176 or email: AIML@adelaide.edu.au
Please note if the position description link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: Wednesday, 14 March 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.