Senior Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering
- Full Time
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
The School of Engineering comprises a diverse range of disciplines: Aerospace Engineering and Aviation; Chemical and Environmental Engineering; Civil and Infrastructure Engineering; Electrical and Biomedical Engineering; Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering; Manufacturing, Materials and Mechatronics Engineering; Mechanical and Automotive Engineering.
In the 2016 QS World University Rankings by Subject, RMIT is 16th in the world (highest ranked in Australia) in Art and Design, and 36th in the world (fourth highest in Australia) in Architecture and the Built Environment. We are also among the world's top 100 universities in Engineering (Civil and Structural; Electrical and Electronic; and Mechanical, Mechanical, Aeronautical and Manufacturing); Accounting and Finance; and Business and Management Studies).
RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
This is a continuing teaching-focussed academic position with a minimum three year secondment based at VTC's School for Higher and Professional Education (SHAPE) in Hong Kong. You will spend an initial period (up to six months) at RMIT Melbourne and you will then transfer to Hong Kong for a minimum three year period to undertake teaching and other academic duties as the representative for the Mechanical & Automotive Engineering discipline based at VTC-SHAPE.
- Carry-out teaching, research and administrative activities of relevance to the program
- Act as the liaison between RMIT University and VTC-SHAPE in fostering and maintaining strong relationships within the partnership
- Liaise with the Melbourne-based Program Manager for the Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical & Automotive Engineering) (Honours) program delivered in Singapore and with partners in China and coordinate activities for visiting staff from RMIT as necessary
- Actively establish and promote research activities in Hong Kong, building academic, industry and professional links
- Proven record of academic achievement in a relevant field of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering
- Demonstrated experience in teaching at tertiary level for undergraduate programs
- Ability to carry out academic administration to perform the full academic responsibilities for the coordination of an award program, year or course
- Proven ability in leading development of innovative approaches to course delivery and student centred learning that successfully exploits new technologies
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively and sensitively within a culturally diverse environment
- Must have high level English language skills, both written and oral, with knowledge of Cantonese an advantage
How to Apply
For further information please view a position description below. Only online applications are accepted. For further enquiries please contact Professor Reza Jazar (Associate Dean) on +61 3 9925 6080 or visit yourcareer.rmit.edu.au and search using job reference number 558251.
Applications close on Friday, the 23rd of March 2018.
Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description. This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.