Postdoctoral Research Fellow for the Study of the Gut Microbiome’s Role for Successful Aging
4 days left
- Full Time
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
Department of Neuroscience and Movement Science
Position as Postdoctoral Research Fellow for the study of the gut microbiome’s role for successful aging
A position is now open as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow for the study of the gut microbiome’s role for successful aging at the Department of Neuroscience and Movement Science, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU). The position is in the Trondheim fMRI group and the period of employment is two years. The start of the position can be no later than end of September 2018.
For more information about the Department, see http://www.ntnu.edu/inm.
Description of project
We seek a talented and highly motivated postdoctoral research scientist to examine mechanisms of the gut microbiome involved in successful aging as defined from brain structure and function data. This study is part of an ongoing prospective, general population study where data has been collected repeatedly since 2011 at NTNU. Meta-analysis to be performed with comparable data from international collaborator.
Requirements of the applicants:
- A PhD in molecular biology, immunology, microbiology or related fields
- Research experience in host-microbial interactions, preferably related to host brain function and/or structure and/or behavior
- Prior experience with 16S rRNA sequence data and analysis or whole-genome next-generation sequencing data, or transcriptomic data and analysis
- Proficiency in a programming language and statistical computing (e.g. R)
- Ability to work independently
- At least one first author publication(s) in a peer reviewed international journal
- Scientific creativity, reliability, and independence in research
- Ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary group
Emphasis will be placed on:
- Clear and effective communication skills in English
- Interest in gut-brain axis
- Knowledge/experience with human (brain) anatomy, physiology and psychology will be considered advantageous
- Experience with analyzing large data sets
NTNU is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from both EU/EEA and non-EU countries. The university is strongly committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from members of ethnic minorities.
A good work environment is characterized by diversity. We encourage qualified candidates to apply, regardless of their gender, functional capacity or cultural background. If necessary, we will adapt the workplace for people with disabilities.
Selected applicants will be invited to an interview.
More information regarding moving to Trondheim, Norway and working at NTNU: http://www.ntnu.edu/nirs.
Depending on qualifications and academic background, Post Doctoral Fellows (in code 1352) will be remunerated at a minimum of NOK 490 500 per year before tax. Normal wage level is NOK 490 500 - 517 300 of which 2% is deducted for the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
How to apply:
Applicants are asked to apply via this page, jobbnorge.no, and to attach all relevant documents, see list below.
Candidates from universities outside Norway are kindly requested to send a Diploma Supplement or a similar document, which describes in detail the study and grade system and the rights for further studies associated with the obtained degree: http://ec.europa.eu/education/tools/diploma-supplement_en.htm
Candidates from non-English speaking countries outside the Nordic countries must provide official documentation of their English competence. Approved tests are TOEFL, IELTS and Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) or Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE). The following results are required: TOEFL: 600 / writing 4.5 (paper-based test), 92 / writing 22 (internet- based test) IELTS: 6.5, with no section lower than 5.5 (only Academic IELTS test accepted) CAE/CPE: grade B or A.
The candidate’s motivation, skills and personal qualifications for the position and project should be described in the application letter. The application should contain the following attachments:
- Applicant’s CV (including list of publications, relevant former positions and copy of relevant transcripts and diplomas)
- At least two letters of recommendation
- Contact information for two references (including email addresses and telephone number)
- Other relevant information
For further information about the positions, please contact:
Project leader/Professor Asta Håberg, mobile: +47 90259147, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information concerning the application process, please contact:
HR Advisor Vebjørn Andreassen, e-mail: email@example.com.
The application deadline is 22 March 2018.
Please note that applications will be assessed based on the information submitted at this page. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all relevant attachments are submitted by the deadline.
Please note that under the Norwegian Civil Service Act, information about applicants may be made public even though the applicant has requested not to be included on the list of applicants.
ABOUT THIS JOB
- Deadline Thursday, March 22, 2018
- Employer NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Municipality Trondheim
- Jobbnorge ID 148703
- Internal ID 2018/6059
- Scope Fulltime
- Duration Engagement
- Applications on this job are registered in an electronic form on jobbnorge.no
- You must complete: Standard CV
- Please refer to where you first saw this job advertised!