Lecturer in Criminology, Level B
2 days left
- Full Time
Navitas College of Public Safety
- Convenient location based in Melbourne’s CBD
- Contribute to the growth and direction of NCPS as thought leaders in the industry
- Work within an innovative environment for an ASX 200 listed organisation
A permanent full-time position teaching both Criminology and Policing degrees offered by NCPS in a collegial and student focused environment
This role will involve teaching units in both the Criminology and Policing degrees offered by Navitas College of Public Safety (NCPS). The successful candidate will drive the development and teaching of units within the degree programs offered, and be expected to have expertise in criminology, policing and related areas.
You will also be expected to undertake research and engage in scholarship within an area (or areas) associated with the degree programs, supported where possible by external funds.
A contribution to other administrative activities within the discipline of criminology, including but not limited to involvement in placements, is expected.
The person we are seeking will ideally meet the following selection criteria:
- Doctoral qualification in criminology or related field
- Demonstrated ability to teach undergraduate criminology and policing units face-to-face and online
- Experience and ability to manage and coordinate a Bachelor level degree program
- Ability to develop curriculum and coordinate units offered in the on campus and online mediums
- Conduct research and engage in scholarship evidenced by publications in quality refereed journals and successful application for external grants
- Administrative experience linked to teaching and research
- Passion and ability to work collaboratively with a student focused outcome
- Excellent computer literacy including competence in using word processing software and PowerPoint
- Articulate oral and written communication skills with ability to engage students in the learning process
- Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching and Learning
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety policies of relevance to the work environment
What we can do for you:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Study assistance up to 100% reimbursement (subject to conditions)
- First class modern facilities
- Career progression and development pathways
- Collegial and collaborative environment with a commitment to education
- Mobility within the business and global locations
- Health & Wellbeing packages which includes free counselling for employees and family, discounted gym membership, movie tickets, discounts on travel, accommodation and insurance
- Salary packaging and novated leasing
- EAP programs available for employees and their families
Who we are
At NCPS we pride ourselves on producing graduates that make the world a safer place. We do this through providing a relevant, innovative and excellent educational program that empowers students and prepares them for work in the criminal justice system.
The college faculty promotes a collegial environment, hands-on approach and supportive culture, within a diverse student community.
We are a Higher Education Institution and Registered Training Organisation within the Careers & Industry Division of Navitas Limited, an ASX 200 listed company.
NCPS is evolving and looking at innovative ways with a forward focused approach on adapting to the ever changing landscape of education, the marketplace and society. We aim to become a thought leader in our space with the ability to influence stakeholders in the Australian education environment.
We benefit from the support of Navitas, a large diversified global educator who are committed to improving lives through education, passion for student outcome and growth through conviction and rigour.
Teaching and students are at the heart of what drives us. We are proud of our graduates, teachers and support staff and excited about our future, and the future of delivering accessible and effective education.
Our campuses are located in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Online and soon Perth.
Successful candidates will require full working rights in Australia and to undergo a criminal records check and working with children check. Navitas promotes equality, flexibility and equal opportunity in the workplace.
Please be advised that applications close on the 22 March 2018. Applications received post-closing date may still be considered pending recruitment stage. Applicants must provide a cover letter, CV, and statement addressing the selection criteria.
For further information please contact Professor Alperhan Babacan on +61 3 8327 2631 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Lecturer in Criminology, Level B
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly