Professor of Public Sector Management
Applications are invited for an appointment as Personal Professor of Public Sector Management.
The National University of Ireland, Galway seeks to appoint 5 Professors within the J.E. Cairnes School of Business and Economics. Ranked in the top 1% of universities globally, NUI Galway is one of Ireland’s foremost centres of academic excellence, with over 18,000 students and more than 2,600 staff. Located in Galway and the West of Ireland region, the University has a strong international orientation, reaching outwards to the world, through a global network of partnerships, collaborations and alumni. The University has an ambitious, confident vision for the future, outlined in its new Strategic Plan, Vision 2020.
The University’s J.E. Cairnes School of Business & Economics is a leader in business research and education nationally, and comprises five disciplines: Accountancy and Finance, Business Information Systems, Economics, Management, and Marketing. Home to the internationally recognised Whitaker Institute for Innovation and Societal Change, the high-performing school runs an extensive range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
This year signals a major expansion of the School’s activities, with exciting challenges and opportunities for substantive growth, new opportunities for innovative programmes, research and impact in the context of the University’s strategic plan.
Applications are welcome for the Professorship of Public Sector Management from exceptional scholars and leaders with research and teaching interests related to any of the five disciplines of the School. As Professor of Public Sector Management you will:
- actively contribute and provide leadership and guidance within the School, Whitaker Institute; College of Business, Public Policy and Law; and the University;
- play a crucial role in developing and expanding the portfolio of the School and in promoting excellence among staff and students;
- lead the development of excellence in teaching and research within the School, College and University;
- devise and deliver a curriculum for public sector management within your discipline of expertise; and drive new initiatives to advance the School’s research, teaching and executive development;
- play a leading role within the Whitaker Institute, attract new sources of income, and mentor colleagues;
- engage externally with the local business community, networks, and public organisations, and advance the international profile of the School.
Further information on this and other Professorial vacancies at the J.E.
Cairnes School of Business & Economics is available at: www.nuigalway.ie/cairnes/jobs
Additional information on the School is available at: www.cairnes.ie
Information on the University's Strategic Plan is available at: http://www.nuigalway.ie/president/reports.html
Salary: Appointments at Personal level € 125,872 p.a.
(For pre 1995 public sector entrants in Ireland, the D class Salary rates will apply)
Closing date for receipt of applications is 17:00 (Irish Time) on Friday, 23rd March 2018. It will not be possible to consider applications received after the closing date.
It is anticipated that interviews for this post will take place on the week commencing May 14th 2018.