Assistant/Associate Professor in Physical Education
6 days left
- Full Time
Grade Number 22
Position Number 300779
Posting Number 1818
The United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) invites applications for a faculty position. Qualified candidates at all levels will be considered at a rank commensurate with academic accomplishments. Candidates are expected to have a strong commitment to teaching excellence and student advising at the undergraduate and graduate levels, a demonstrable research capability that will enable the candidate to develop and sustain an internally and/or externally funded research program in his/her area of expertise, publish his/her research findings in refereed journals, and actively engage in promoting the growth of the UAEU.
The application package should include a cover letter, a detailed resume, a brief description of the current/future research activities, teaching philosophy, and courses taught. English is the language of instruction and communication. Screening of applications will continue until the position is filled.
The responsibilities of an exercise physiologist include:
- conducting stress tests, using electrocardiograph(EKG) machines.
- Demonstrating correct use of exercise equipment or performance of exercise routines, developing exercise programs to improve participant strength, flexibility, endurance, or circulatory functioning in accordance with exercise science standards, regulatory requirements, and credentialing requirement.
- Explain exercise program or physiological testing procedures to participants. Interpret exercise program participant data to evaluate progress of identify needed program changes.
- Measures amount of fat in body, using such equipment as hydrostatic scale, skinfold calipers, and tape measure, to assess body composition.
- Measures oxygen consumption and lung functioning, using spirometer.
- Performs routine laboratory test of blood samples for cholesterol level and glucose tolerance, or interprets test results.
- Prescribe individualized exercise programs, specifying equipment such as treadmill, exercise bicycle, ergometers, or perceptual goggles.
- Provide clinical oversight of exercise for participants at all risk levels.
- Recommend methods to increase lifestyle physical activity.
- Teach courses or seminars related to exercise or diet for patients, athletes, or community groups.
- Assess physical performance requirements to aid in the development of individualized recovery or rehabilitation exercise programs.
- Calibrate exercise or testing equipment. Educate athletes or coaches on techniques to improve athletic performance such as heart rate monitoring, recovery techniques, hydration strategies, or training limits.
- Evaluate staff performance in leading group exercise or conducting diagnostic tests.
- Interview participants to obtain medical history or assess participant goals.
- Mentor or train staff to lead group exercise. Order or recommend diagnostic procedures such as stress tests, drug screenings, or urinary tests.
- Plan or conduct exercise physiology research projects.
- Present exercise knowledge, program information or research study findings at professional meetings of conferences.
- Provide emergency or other appropriate medical care to participants with symptoms or signs of physical distress.
- Supervise maintenance of exercise or exercise testing equipment.
- Teach behavior modification classes related to topics such as stress management, or weight control.
- Teach group exercise for low, medium, or high risk clients to improve participant strength, flexibility, endurance, or circulatory functioning.
- Applicants must have an earned doctorate in the applicable field.
- The ability to teach undergraduate courses is a must.
Job Close Date open until filled