Professor, Civil and Infrastructure Engineering
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
In the 2016 QS World University Rankings by Subject, RMIT is 16th in the world (highest ranked in Australia) in Art and Design, and 36th in the world (fourth highest in Australia) in Architecture and the Built Environment. We are also among the world's top 100 universities in Engineering (Civil and Structural; Electrical and Electronic; and Mechanical, Mechanical, Aeronautical and Manufacturing); Accounting and Finance; and Business and Management Studies).
RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
You will be contributing significantly to teaching and research outputs, building capability of staff and promoting strong academic performance. You will make a significant contribution to the planning and strategic direction of the School, taking on major academic leadership roles involving participation in various committees within the School, College and University and external to the University, as appropriate.
- Provide high level research leadership developing and leading research project teams and programs and fostering a vibrant research culture
- Develop a high-quality and productivity-driven research network across RMIT and with external national and global partners
- Make a significant contribution to teaching and learning in the discipline with the aim of improving learning outcomes for student
Skills & Experience Required
- Demonstrated distinction at the national level and an internationally recognised research track record in Civil and/or Infrastructure Engineering
- Great Ability to manage award program/s and lead program reviews
- Proven ability to sustain and grow Research Groups and Centres through the attraction of external funding
- Extensive experience in attracting and supervising higher degree by research candidates to maximise research performance
- Ability to lead improvement of academic standards, including implementing best practice teaching strategies and dissemination of innovative practices
For further information please view a position description below. Only online applications are accepted. For further enquiries please contact Professor Kevin Zhang on +61 3 9925 3824 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on Wednesday, the 21st of March 2018.
Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description. This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.