Technical Assistant, Mortuary
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Medicine is a national leader in learning, teaching and research, with close affiliations to a number of Australia’s finest hospitals, research institutes and health care organisations. With a strong presence at UNSW Kensington campus, the faculty have staff and students in teaching hospitals in Sydney as well as regional and rural areas of NSW including Albury/Wodonga, Wagga Wagga, Coffs Harbour and Port Macquarie.
About the role
- $65,506K-$69,101K plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Full-time 35 hours per week
The Mortuary Technical Assistant is responsible for assisting the GASU Team Leaders and Manager to ensure that the Unit meets the needs of the Department of Anatomy’s teaching and research requirements, these include maintaining the mortuary as well as specialised tasks such as assisting in embalming and producing cadaveric prosections.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Proven experience in a laboratory research role involving applications of embalming, dissecting and harvesting techniques and handling of anatomy samples.
- Proven understanding of the principles of anatomy with an understanding of the NSW Anatomy Act 1977 and the NSW Human Tissue and Anatomy Legislation Amendment Act 2003 and demonstrated experience in applying this legislation in the workplace.
- Demonstrated experience in the handling of chemicals in the stages of preservation and conservation of tissue.
- A Certificate IV (Embalming) through an institute approved by the NSW Department of Health, are close to completion or are willing to be enrolled upon commencement.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Applications close: 14 March 2018