Technical Assistant, Anatomy
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Medicine is a national leader in learning, teaching and research, with close affiliations to a number of Australia’s finest hospitals, research institutes and health care organisations. With a strong presence at UNSW Kensington campus, the faculty have staff and students in teaching hospitals in Sydney as well as regional and rural areas of NSW including Albury/Wodonga, Wagga Wagga, Coffs Harbour and Port Macquarie.
About the role
- $65,506K-$69,101K plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Full-time 35 hours per week
The Anatomy Technical Assistant is responsible for assisting The Gross Anatomy Support Unit (GASU) Team Leaders and Manager to ensure that the Unit meets the needs of the Department of Anatomy’s teaching and research requirements, these include maintaining the laboratory as well as specialised tasks such as maintaining electronic tracking records and producing cadaveric prosections.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Extensive knowledge of human anatomy with experience in dissection of cadaveric material.
- An understanding of the NSW Anatomy Act 1977 and the NSW Human Tissue and Anatomy Legislation Amendment Act 2003 and demonstrated experience in applying this legislation in the workplace.
- Proven technical support skills with a knowledge in the use of relevant preservatives and corrosive/toxic chemicals.
- A Certificate in relevant discipline or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Applications close: 14 March 2018