Senior Lecturer in Computer Science
RMIT is a global university of Technology, Design and Enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. Situated within the College of Science, Engineering and Health, the School of Science provides over 45 bachelor and postgraduate programs, and undertakes world class research across the disciplines of physical sciences, mathematical sciences and computer science.
The position will be aligned with the Discipline of Computer Science and IT, part of one of Australia's largest and leading educational facilities in the field. In the 2017 QS University Rankings by discipline, RMIT University was ranked top-100 globally for Computer Science and Information Systems. RMIT University prides itself on the quality of its graduates, achieved through programs that have a strong emphasis on both
RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
You will contribute to the teaching and research efforts of the Computer Science & IT Discipline within the School of Science. You will make a significant contribution to the delivery of programs and to be actively involved in research, consulting and other professional activities.
The Computer Science & IT Discipline has currently two positions available at Lecturer level or at Senior Lecturer for suitable senior candidates.
- Teach core courses in Computer Science and IT Discipline, as well as specialised courses fitting your research expertise.
- Designing, conducting and moderating assessment; implementing improvements informed by course evaluation activities and student feedback.
- Conduct and lead high quality research, recognised at the national and international level.
- Participate in School and College strategy development and governance.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate courses, prepare and deliver programs at undergraduate and post-graduate levels.
- Ability to implement innovative approaches to student-centred learning.
- Excellent capability to teach core courses within the Computer Science Discipline
- Emerging track record and recognition for quality research outputs, evidenced by publications, development of new research initiatives, competitive research funding and/or industry links; alignment with research priorities in Machine Learning, Data Science, Cybersecurity, or Internet of Things is important.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and commitment to collegial behaviours.
For further information please view the position description below. Only online applications are accepted. For further enquiries please contact Lawrence Cavedon at firstname.lastname@example.org or John Thangarajah at email@example.com
Applications close on Sunday the 26th of March 2018
Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description. This role will require satisfactory completion of a Working with Children Check.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.