Project Control Analyst
Project Control Analyst in the Accelerator and Technology Sector Unit (ATS), Directorate Office (DO).
The ATS-DO unit encompasses the management and administrative support teams of major accelerator upgrade projects and studies at CERN (HL-LHC, CLIC, FCC), as well as teams coordinating CERN initiatives in Research and Innovation Programs for accelerators, such as ARIES.
As Project Control Analyst in the Directorate Office, you will be member of the HL-LHC Budget Office team (BO team), under the supervision of the HL-LHC Budget Officer. The team is responsible for monitoring and controlling the progress of the HL-LHC project, using a range of cost control tools including Earned Value Management (EVM) indicators.
As a member of the team, you will:
Take responsibility for the uniform application of Earned Value Management (EVM) standards to HL-LHC work-packages. This work will be done in collaboration with the corresponding work-package leaders and supported by other BO team members;
Review the current EVM status of the work-packages under your responsibility (reporting follow-up, indicators interpretation) and write progress reports in preparation of Project Steering Meetings;
Analyse differences between forecast and actual cost of activities, estimate revenues, in the form of in-kind, and cash flow needs. This includes the management of yearly cash flow needs;
Actively participate in the documentation preparation needed for the International Cost and Schedule reviews of the project held every 18 months;
Define new and review existing budget management procedures, define specifications for the development of new EVM modules if relevant;
Actively take part in the project life cycle process, especially in re-baselining efforts.
Master's degree or PhD, or equivalent relevant experience in the fields of finance, business administration or engineering, or related field.
Experience and competencies
The experience required for this post is:
Demonstrated experience in managing financial aspects of large projects, including financial control.
Proven experience in the use of cost control tools such as EVM.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Project management.
- Organisation, planning and control.
- Budgeting, forecasting, statistics.
- Financial reporting and analysis.
The behavioural competencies required for this post are:
- Achieving results: producing comprehensive work/project plans taking into account resources and contingencies; taking appropriate corrective actions and adapting work/project plans if necessary; is rigorous and produces quality results at first attempt.
- Demonstrating flexibility: adapts quickly and resourcefully to shifting priorities and requirements; instigates and promotes change as an opportunity for organisational development.
- Working in teams: cooperates constructively with others in the pursuit of team goals; balances personal goals with team goals.
- Managing self: works well autonomously; takes on activities and tasks without prompting.
The language competencies required are:
- Spoken and written English or French: ability to understand and speak the other language in professional contexts.
- Ability to draw-up technical specifications and/or scientific reports and to make oral presentations in at least one of the two languages.
Eligibility and closing date
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.
We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 19.03.2018.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
Note on Employment Conditions
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry. Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.