Instructor in Mathematics
Grade Number 25
Position Number 332440
Posting Number 1837
The Mathematics Unit at the Foundation Program – University College, United Arab Emirates University, invites applications for Mathematics Instructor position starting in Fall 2018. Candidates for this position are expected to:
- Demonstrate skill and/or knowledge in teaching foundation mathematics (Algebra, College Algebra, and Trigonometry).
- Plan, develop, and use a variety of teaching methods and materials that assist students in meeting course objectives and which are appropriate for students with differing educational and experiential backgrounds and learning styles.
- Evaluate students’ progress toward achievement of stated course objectives and inform them of their progress in the course in a timely manner.
- Review, evaluate, and recommend students learning and practice materials as needed to help students achieve course outcomes.
- Teach courses at a variety of times (morning/afternoon) in response to program’s needs.
- Demonstrate competence and interest in the use of technology in the classroom and willingness to explore new instructional methodologies.
- Maintain professional relationships with students, colleagues, and the community.
- Provide access to students through posted office/tutorial hours, electronic communication, and other appropriate methods.
- Provide advice and assistance to students regarding instructional or program-specific issues.
- Establish annual objectives for professional growth in consultation with the program head.
- Learn and apply technologies that support students’ learning and program’s need.
- Participate in the evaluation process for self, courses and other evaluation activities.
- Actively participate in program’s committees, meetings, and activities.
- Master degree in mathematics
Job Close Date open until filled