Centre for Primary Health Care and Equity
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
Located within UNSW Medicine, the Centre for Primary Health Care and Equity (CPHCE), is a leading national and international research centre, whose mission it is, is to contribute to the health and wellbeing of the community through research, evaluation and development that strengthens primary health care and addresses health inequalities. With five research streams, the Centre incorporates three research ‘hubs’ that are collaborative ventures located within the local health districts of South Eastern Sydney, Sydney and South Western Sydney. The Centre also works closely with the Department of General Practice in the SWSLHD and with academic primary care in the School of Public Health and Community Medicine
About the role
- An attractive salary per annum pro-rata plus 17% superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term until 30/06/2019
- Part-time (21 hours per week)
The Director works in partnership with the Executive Director and other Directors of CPHCE to set and implement strategic directions and provide organisational support for sustained high-quality research and research translation in a complex funding and health service environment. The Director will be responsible for managing the Centre’s operational requirements and coordinating activities across different research hubs and research streams, as well as maintaining core relationships within the University and externally with funders, research partners and other stakeholders.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Exceptional skills in strategic planning, program management and administration and ability to respond flexibly to changing circumstances and solve strategic and operational problems.
- Experience in working in a research and/or evaluation environment and with the health care system.
- A tertiary level qualification in a relevant discipline, preferably with postgraduate qualification or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of relevant education, training and/or experience.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Professor Mark Harris
T: (61 2) 9385 8402
Applications close: 18 March 2018