Senior Technical Officer
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Mathematics and Statistics embodies a broad range of research interests in the areas of applied and pure mathematics and statistics. The school teaches approximately 10,000 individual students has been ranked number one in Australia for each of the past six years
IT is responsible for the management and operations of Teaching and Research Laboratories in the School of Mathematics and Statistics. The Teaching and Research Laboratory resources in the School include dual boot Windows-Linux systems with specialized software, networked staff desktop machines, and audio video conferencing equipment.
About the role
- A$91K – A$99K + 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Full time 35 hours per week
- Continuing role
The Senior Technical Officer will assist the School IT Manager in providing support to the School’s laboratories, ensuring the effective operation and maintenance of laboratory infrastructure equipment and facilities, and implementing safe workplace procedures in accordance with health and safety legislation, University policy, and best practice.
You will have a passion for new and emerging technologies and display a vision of your application in improving our methodologies and solutions.
About the successful applicant
- A degree in a relevant area, and where applicable, the capacity to assist postgraduate students at all levels in research planning, data acquisition, and data analysis.
- Experience in the technical requirements of the School’s research and teaching laboratories. This currently includes Linux, Windows and Mac computers and Audio Video conferencing facilities.
- Ability to program in a number of scripting and programming languages such as Python, PowerShell, PHP, Python, Go.
- Ability to quickly gain a working knowledge of mathematical and statistical software packages such as LaTeX, Maple, R, and SAS.
- Extensive experience in the technical management of teaching and research facilities.
- Extensive experience in the policy, planning, operation, and maintenance of teaching and research laboratories.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Technical Laboratory Manager
Applications close: 7th March 2018