Research Manager in Business
- Full Time
The University of Sydney Business School
- Great opportunity to manage the research unit in one of the leading world-class business schools
- Located at our Camperdown Campus
- Continuing, full-time, remuneration package $138K to $146K p.a. which includes salary, leave loading and up to 17% super
About the opportunity
The Research Manager is expected to provide general management of all operational aspects of the Business School Research Unit including leading the professional staff in the unit.
The successful candidate will work with the Associate Dean Research to design and implement the Business School research strategy and build research capacity. In addition, the Research Manager will be proactively responding to policy initiatives at University and Government level.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Research Manager who has:
- experience in a University research environment, including expertise in ethics submissions and grant applications
- demonstrated experience designing and implementing research strategy and building research capacity
- leadership experience in the supervision, training, mentoring and performance management of staff
- excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with sound negotiating and conflict resolution skills
- excellent time and workload management skills with demonstrated ability to prioritise effectively, manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and achieve required outcomes
- postgraduate qualifications in a Business-related discipline with extensive relevant experience in related field.
The University of Sydney Business School is a world-class business school at the forefront of global business and management education. Relevant and focused on today's business world, we are the only Australian business school to achieve membership to CEMS - the Global Alliance in Management Education in addition to international accreditation from AACSB and EQUIS.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Please note: visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11.30 pm, 22 February 2018, Sydney time
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.