Administrator, Research Centres
3 days left
- Full Time
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
The School of Biological, Earth and Environmental Sciences (BEES) examines life from the core of the Earth to its upper atmosphere, deep in time through to the present and modelling towards the future. Research within BEES is clustered within four general thematic areas: Ecology and Evolutionary Biology; Climate Science; Environmental Change, Sustainability and Resources and Paleoenvironments and Earth History.
These thematic areas also characterise our research Centres which include the Evolutionary and Ecology Research Centre (E&ERC), the Centre for Marine Bio-innovation (CMB), and the Palaeontology, Geobiology and Earth Archives Research Centre (PANGEA). These Centres exist to build research critical mass and research community among a range of excellent research groups. BEES also hosts the UNSW node of the ARC Centre of Excellence for Australian Biodiversity and Heritage (CABAH).
About the role
- $70K-$75K plus 9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term until 31 August 2018
- Full time
The Administrator of our Research Centres works with the Directors of these Centres to ensure effective communication with centre members, and assist with planning, administration and reporting for the Centres. Responsibilities include mainating the Centres' websites, collating and distributing news letters and other communicatins and organising seminars, workshops and meetings.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Excellent organisatinal skills including the ability to prioritise competing tasks and deadlines
- Experience in providing administrative support in a research environment or similar
- Associate Diploma level qualifications or and equivalent combination of qualifications or work experience
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Centre Research Manager - Centre for Ecosystem Science
Tel - 61 2 9385 2802
Applications close: 22nd February 2018