Psychology Technician (grade 4)
Salary: £21k - £25k per annum
To provide technical support and expertise to the psychology staff and students. To work with academics to make the best use of technical resources and to contribute to the development of resources in the discipline.
This will involve providing expert advice and guidance to staff and students and to provide training for academic staff on psychology-specific resources.
To oversee access to resources, for example by administering software licences to students and their access to such resources.
Main activities and responsibilities:
- Support (assist and advise) students at all levels (access, undergraduate, postgraduate and research) in the preparation and use of specialist software and support experiments used for teaching and research activity.
- Provide support through direct interaction with students, via demonstrations, tutorials and through the provision of training materials (such as the production of ‘how-to’ guides).
- Work with programme leaders and external suppliers to maintain existing and future resource needs
- To be proactive in identifying and developing technical solutions to a range of problems associated with teaching in an online environment. To maintain records relating to equipment, consumables, and software for learning and teaching.
- Oversee access to the virtual laboratory and all resources by maintaining booking systems and access systems.
- Degree in psychology with BPS accreditation (or equivalent qualifications, skills and work experience at an appropriate level).
- Knowledge of psychology as an academic subject.
- Teaching experience or a teaching qualification or training experience is desirable.
- Relevant experience in a related occupation or trade in educational or industry environments.
- IT skills appropriate to the job roles, including knowledge of psychology software and how it is used; familiarity with Microsoft Office; experience with an online learning environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of relevant health and safety issues at work.
- An ability work on own initiative.
- Experience in skills demonstration or instruction.
- An understanding of different research methodologies to a sufficient level to be able to support undergraduate students.
- Knowledge and experience of:
- Software and hardware to record responses, such as reaction times, psychophysiological measures, and psychometric tests
- Software to support creative methods, such as image, audio, and video creation and editing
- Computer programming or scripting.
Arden offer a comprehensive range of company benefits, including; BUPA Cash Plan, 5% monthly pension contributions, free on-site parking, childcare vouchers, life insurance, and a generous Friends and Family Discount on all Arden courses.
If you are interested in joining the Arden team, please apply to email@example.com , sending through a copy of your CV and a covering letter supporting your application.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 20th March 2018.