Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in Computer Science
- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
- Senior Lecturer (Level C) / Associate Professor (Level D) (1 position)
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The School of Computer Science is one of seven schools that make up the Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences within the University. It offers high quality accredited degrees in computer science, and software engineering, has strong links with industry and a robust research ethos. It is closely affiliated with the Australian Institute for Machine Learning, which was recently founded with strong government and university support, and is a focal point for fundamental and applied machine learning research.
We are seeking an individual with the ability to teach in a wide range of core computer science and software engineering subjects, and whose research interests align with one of the research priorities within the School.
Salary: (Level C) $115,310 - $132,966 / (Level D) $138,845 - $152,965 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 17% may apply.
Term of position: This continuing position is available immediately.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- A PhD, or equivalent, in Computer Science, or a related field
- Teaching experience, or potential, demonstrating both commitment and success in effective and inspirational participation in the teaching program of the school
- Demonstrated ability to significantly contribute to the teaching and administration of subjects (including curriculum development) within the range of subjects offered by the school
- Demonstrated ability to significantly contribute to world class research within a research area of strength within the School of Computer Science
- High level of oral and written communication skills in English.
The successful applicant will be appointed at an appropriate level depending on qualifications and relevant experience.
Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Dr Anthony Dick telephone: +618 8313 5583 or email: email@example.com
Please note if the position description/selection criteria link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: Monday, 26th March 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.