Human Resources Business Partner
- Join us at an exciting time of building a new strategy of innovation
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Multiple roles – 1 x 12 month Fixed term Plus 2 x Part-Time positions
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW is currently implementing a ten year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. We aspire to this in the belief that a great university, which is a global leader in discovery, innovation, impact, education and thought leadership, can make an enormous difference to the lives of people in Australia and around the world.
About the role
Reporting to the Lead HR Business partner, we are currently looking for an experienced HR Business Partner to play both a strategic and operational role partnering with senior leaders in the Faculties in order to enable them to achieve their people strategy in line with the broader HR and University 2025 vision.
The HR Business Partner leads a small HR team with an energetic can-do leadership style to provide high quality HR advice and assistance to clients on the full range of HR policies, procedures and issues. This role also involves partnering with clients to implement strategic HR activities, including workforce planning, talent management and succession planning.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant degree plus extensive experience in the development of contemporary human resource management and policies in a complex working environment.
- Sound generalist knowledge across the spectrum of Human Resources practice, including recruitment, performance management, succession planning, global mobility (including visas), remuneration and benefits, industrial relations, organisational development and workplace diversity.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing effective HR solutions and initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively deliver high quality and solution oriented HR services to a diverse group of clients, including senior managers.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of HR professionals effectively, and to build positive relationships with colleagues and key client groups.
- High level interpersonal and communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence key decision makers.
- A strong understanding and vision of HR as a value-added service, including the ability to work in a collaborative effort to develop solutions and create opportunities
This is a dynamic position which operates in a fluid environment. Your relationship building and leadership skills coupled with your strong Human Resources background will support and complement a HR Function which is driving change and innovation throughout UNSW
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
T: (61 2) 9385 8911
Applications close: 28th February 2018