Research Assistant in Mathematics
School of Public Health and Community Medicine
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Public Health and Community Medicine (SPHCM) is internationally recognised as a leader in Public Health and Community Medicine with particular research strengths in Epidemiology and Infectious Diseases, Health Services Management, Global Health and Primary Health Care. The School has a core focus in research and teaching to help inform policy, governance, organisation, work and leadership in the health sector through cross disciplinary collaborations with both academia and industry. The School also has strong associations with research centres and institutes throughout UNSW Medicine.
About the role
- $70K to $80K (plus 9.5% superannuation and leave loading
- Full time ( 35 hours/week)
- 12 months fixed term (with possibility of extension)
An exciting opportunity to be part of a multidisciplinary infectious disease research team working on a number of externally funded grants.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Tertiary qualification preferably a Hons degree in mathematics or other relevant quantitative discipline
- Demonstrated experience in statistical analysis, including use of quantitative methods
- Good understanding of data modelling, database management and research methods;
- Experience working in infectious diseases, vaccines and vaccine-preventable diseases research
You are required to systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application.
Please apply online, regrettably applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Professor Raina MacIntyre
T: (61 2) 9385 3811
Applications close: 5th March 2018