Education and Curriculum Support Officer
2 days left
- Full Time
Sydney Medical School
Professional Medical Education
- Fantastic opportunity to provide support across Professional Medical Education programs
- Located at the Camperdown Campus
- Fixed term for 2 years, $97K pa salary, which includes leave loading and up to 17% super
About the opportunity
The Education and Curriculum Support Officer (ESCO) provides a broad range of educational support to teaching staff and students in designated Professional Medical Education (PME) programs. This role also provides curriculum support by managing the compilation, review and updating of information in relation to Professional Medical Education Programs. This includes: maintaining unit of study data and course diets, as well as the course Handbook and other publications. The ESCO also manages the data sets required for planning and management of PME programs and assists with preparing proposals and reports.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for an Education and Curriculum Support Officer who has:
- relevant tertiary qualifications and work experience
- proven project management skills
- experience with providing support for education programs in a tertiary education environment, preferably including online programs.
- extensive knowledge of policies and procedures and administrative processes within a tertiary education environment
- experience with using Learning Management Systems, preferably including Canvas, in a tertiary education environment.
Since 1856, Sydney Medical School has been working to improve health and welfare through research, education and the provision of health care.
Our education portfolio includes:
- an extensive range of 28 postgraduate programs available to medical and non-medical professionals
- training of doctors with its renowned medical program, the MD
- postgraduate research training and medical science honours
- the teaching of anatomy, physiology and other medical sciences to undergraduate students.
Clinical education, research training and some coursework programs are provided through clinical schools based in leading NSW hospitals.
Our research brings together the expertise of the University of Sydney's faculties, centres and institutions with that of our affiliated teaching hospitals, affiliated research institutes and international research partners.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Please note: visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11.30 pm Sunday 25 February
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.