Student Connect Assistant
Macquarie is the University of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
Sitting within the DVC (Academic) and Registrar, Student Connect was established in 2013 by the University to provide an enhanced customer service experience to our students and the community. Student Connect acts as the key information hub for Macquarie University and has a proud history of providing accurate and informative advice and support in the culturally vibrant and fast paced world of academia.
Student Connect fully supports its students across the different areas of Macquarie University, helping them navigate through everything they may need throughout their entire student lifecycle. Assistance is provided via a number of contact channels and experiences, from providing Guided Self Help to detailed Face-To-Face advising. They also provide phone, chat and email support, and are often called upon to represent the University at events and at other areas of the campus. As its driving mission, Student Connect exists to ensure timely, accurate and engaging service to students in order to increase student engagement and add value to their time at Macquarie.
Student Connect is currently seeking two suitably qualified Student Connect Assistants. Reporting to your Team Leader, you will:
- Receive, respond to and/or escalate enquiries from students and staff relating to administration systems, procedures and processes with the aim of providing high quality support and accurate information
- Process first level admissions and lifecycle transactions and related student administration activities.
- Record and update all student interactions ensuring correct procedures are followed to maintain consistency and accuracy in data and reporting
- Provide additional phone and administrative support to other staff in Student Connect and the Student Administration and Systems teams
To be considered for this position, you must submit a cover letter (no more than 3 pages) which addresses the criteria below and upload this along with your CV as part of the application process:
- Demonstrated experience working in a customer service environment across multiple communication channels and sites
- Demonstrated ability to be able to multitask
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply policy and procedures
- Demonstrated experience working in a team
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with challenging customers
For further information regarding this role please view the position description below.
Successful applicants may be required to undergo a criminal history check.
Salary Package: From $63,882 to $68,850 p.a. (HEW Level 4) plus 17% employer’s superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: Full time, continuing (2 positions available), immediate start
Specific Role Enquiries: Melinda Chadwick, Team Leader Student Connect at email@example.com
General Recruitment Enquiries: Patsy Moss at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: 11:55pm on Wednesday, 28 February 2018 AEDT
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.