PhD candidate/Post Doctor position within the Field of Neuroepigenetics
Two positions are available in the newly formed research group of Dr. Katja Scheffler at the Department of Clinical and Molecular Medicine (IKOM), one PhD and one Post Doctor. The project is focused on understanding the role of DNA glycosylases in regulation of the neuronal epigenome. The work will be a combination of wet lab using mouse models and cell lines and bioinformatics analysis of whole genome sequencing data.
IKOM offers excellent infrastructure and laboratory facilities that are essential for high quality research. Moreover, scientists have access to local core facilities in imaging, bioinformatics, genomics, and proteomics.
The period of employment for the PhD candidate position is three years. The position has the objective of qualifying for higher academic positions. Admission to a doctoral degree programme is a requirement for employment as a PhD candidate. For more information concerning the PhD-degree at NTNU, please see: https://www.ntnu.edu/phd/regulations.
The period of employment for the Postdoc position is two years, with the possibility of one-year extension. The applicant will start in the positions earliest by May 2018.
We are looking for highly motivated, enthusiastic and creative persons with a strong commitment to research. A background in the field of Neurobiology and/or Epigenetics is an advantage.
Requirements of the PhD candidate applicant:
- A master’s degree or an equivalent education in Neuroscience, Neurobiology or related field
- A strong academic record with a weighted average grade of master’s or equivalent. education with a grade of B or higher, in accordance with NTNU’s grading system.
Requirements of the Post doctor applicant:
- A PhD in Neuroscience, Neurobiology or related field
- A strong publication record with papers in high-quality international journals and demonstrated independent writing skills
For both positions, emphasis will also be placed on:
- Experience in cell- and molecular biology, genetics, imaging and basic bioinformatics skills
- To be allowed to work with laboratory animals (FELASA C)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work independent as well as collaborate within a team
Both positions require spoken and written fluency in the English language. Applicants from non-English-speaking countries outside Europe must document English skills by an approved test. Approved tests are TOEFL, IELTS and Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) or Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE).
Terms of employment
We offer an international and multidisciplinary environment in which creativity and scientific discussion is valued and stimulated.
A good work environment is characterized by diversity. We encourage qualified candidates to apply, regardless of their gender, functional capacity or cultural background. If necessary, we will adapt the workplace for people with disabilities. Increasing the number of women in academic positions is an important priority for the Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
More information regarding moving to Trondheim, Norway and working at NTNU: https://www.ntnu.edu/nirs.
Depending on qualifications and academic background, PhD Candidates (in code 1017) at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences will be remunerated at a minimum of NOK 436 500 per year before tax. Normal wage level is NOK 436 500 - 499 200 of which 2% is deducted for the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
Depending on qualifications and academic background, Post Doctoral Fellows (in code 1352) will be remunerated at a minimum of NOK 490 500 per year before tax. Normal wage level is NOK 490 500 - 517 300 of which 2% is deducted for the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
How to apply
Applicants are asked to apply via www.jobbnorge.no.
The application should contain the following attachments:
- Applicants’ CV (including list of publications).
- Short statement on the applicant’s personal qualifications, research interests and motivation for the position.
- Letters of recommendation and contact information for 2-3 references.
- Other relevant information.
Chosen applicants will be invited to undergo an interview.
For further information about the position, please contact Dr. Katja Scheffler, telephone +4794285284, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For information concerning the application process, please contact HR Consultant Elisabeth Myrvang, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), E-mail: email@example.com
ABOUT THIS JOB
- Deadline Thursday, March 15, 2018
- Employer NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Municipality Trondheim
- Jobbnorge ID 148088
- Scope Fulltime
- Duration Temporary
- Applications on this job are registered in an electronic form on jobbnorge.no
- You must complete: Standard CV
- Please refer to where you first saw this job advertised!