Manager, Agent Support
Brand, Marketing and Recruitment – Future Students
- Full-time, ongoing role
- Salary range: Level 9 ($110,749 – $117,255) plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university..
About the Team
The Future Students team within Brand and Marketing provides strategic student recruitment direction and management for the university. The Future Students unit includes a consolidated student contact centre that brings together the recruitment operations for international and domestic markets to achieve greater capability and focus on student recruitment. Our future student needs across all markets will be catered for by providing professional consulting advice for domestic and international undergraduate, domestic and international postgraduate and international product enquiries.
About the opportunity
The Manager, Agent Support plays a key role in UWA’s management and development of its relationship with key recruiting agencies, both nationally and internationally.
The role is responsible for managing all aspects of the University’s strategic relationships with its 1000+ agents worldwide to maximize the recruitment of international students for all academic and language courses, including developing strategies and implementing effective incentive structures that will enable UWA to meet its revenue targets.
The position is also responsible for a team of professionals who will manage relationships with key partners of the University working firstly to appoint agents, provide training, communications and support.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Substantial management experience including demonstrated ability to independently manage a team of staff, show initiative and ensure training and development on an ongoing basis
- Substantial ability to influence the setting of priorities, allocation of resources and ability to contribute to long term planning and key strategic direction
- Proven understanding of and ability to collect, analyse and present data and research information
- Extensive knowledge of market and industry trends
- Demonstrated ability to plan for the long term, to set strategic direction and to translate strategy into operational goals
- Relevant tertiary qualification or demonstrated equivalent competency in marketing at a leadership level, preferably in the field of international education
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including with speakers from non-English speaking backgrounds and high level consultation and negotiation skills as well as building effective working relationships with key stakeholders
Closing date: 27 February 2018
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Please see the position description prior to applying: POSITION DESCRIPTION - Manager Agent Support
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.