- IT Services Centre
- Joondalup Campus
- $78,578 to $84,902 PA (HEW 6)
- Fixed Term (ending 31/12/2018), Full time
The Information Technology Services Centre (ITSC) is looking for an Analyst Programmer with proven experience in the utilisation of the technologies listed below. This position is required to rotate between development and support work as directed by the Principal Systems Analyst.
- Provide technical expertise covering development, support, software application integration, configuration and maintenance in support of Business Systems within the University
- Build and maintain a technical applications knowledge of ECU Business Systems covering on premise and outsourced (hosted, SaaS, PaaS) solutions, as well as a range of software applications in a hybrid Cloud environment, incorporating current and emerging technology into solutions.
- Resolve Incidents, apply Changes and diagnose Problems as part of support role
- Assist in preparation of scopes of work, facilitation of access, solution design, test plans, and production acceptance requirements.
- Liaise with vendors and Managed Service providers in the provision of application services
To succeed in this role, you will have the following skills and experience
- 3+ years of application development experience utilising Oracle PL/SQL
- Development technology experience utilising Java and/or PHP
- Version control, preferably GIT/SVN
- Linux/shell scripting
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Exposure to working with AWS/Azure/Google Cloud
- Exposure to working with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
- Exposure to working with Orchestration tools such as Ansible/Chef
You will also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence.
ECU is a smoke-free environment.
Benefits & Remuneration
This fixed term position attracts remuneration of $78,578 to $84,902 PA (HEW 6) plus 9.5% University superannuation contribution.
ECU supports a work/life balance for staff. Benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our Future Staff website.
Interested applicants are welcome to call Chad Nurmi on 08 6304 3706 for more information.
How to Apply:
Please upload a statement addressing the following capabilities (as outlined in the Position Description) along with your Resume:
- Demonstrated experience in application support and development roles in a midsized organisation utilising the technologies listed under Skills; and
- Demonstrated experience in software integration, configuration, maintenance, development and support, and associated methodologies.
Closing Date: Monday 19 February at 9:30 pm
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM CANDIDATES WHO HAVE THE RELEVANT WORKING RIGHTS TO FILL THIS POSITION.
ECU is diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address under representation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds.