Teaching Opportunity in Health Science and Accounting
Teaching Opportunities in Health Science and Accounting
Casual, Western Sydney University-Sydney City Campus
The Sydney City Campus brings the same Western Sydney University experience to the heart of the city.
Operated by Navitas Limited, the campus offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees to international and domestic students across a trimester academic calendar.
The campus is located in a new, custom designed city location in Elizabeth Street and on-campus facilities include innovative learning spaces, a modern library, collaborative and private student study zones, computer laboratories and social spaces for students.
Teaching and learning is designed to promote student engagement through experiences that are:
- authentic, integrating discipline and industry expertise,
- technology-enabled, blending online and on campus learning, and
- personalised and supportive.
Navitas Limited is a leading global education provider that delivers an extensive range of education services to over 80,000 students through more than 120 institutions in 31 countries.
Introduction to the role
- Looking for an exciting opportunity to teach casually?
- Interested in exploring innovative teaching methods?
- Keen to be part of a global education provider?
We are seeking expressions of interest for casual academic staff to teach undergraduate and postgraduate units in Health Science and Accounting from Session 1, 2018.
We are seeking experienced and dedicated lecturers who can teach in the following areas:
- Health Service Management
- Bio statistics
- Public policy
- Socio-political Issues in Health
- Health Financial Management
- Financial Accounting
- Corporate Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Accounting Information Systems
- Taxation Law
- Financial Reports for Decision Making
- Corporate Finance
- Fundamentals of Finance
Essential Selection Criteria
- Master degree in relevant discipline (for undergraduate level teaching);
- PhD in relevant discipline or substantial progress towards PhD plus extensive work experience (for postgraduate level teaching);
- Prior teaching experience in tertiary education;
- Demonstrated experience in scholarly and innovative approaches to teaching and learning;
- Demonstrated experience in ability to engage students in learning activities;
- Active engagement with the discipline. This includes, for example, publications, conference attendance, public engagement.
What we offer
The Navitas Group offers outstanding long-term career opportunities within Australia and abroad, and is values driven and an equal opportunity employer.
Please forward an up-to-date copy of your Curriculum Vitae with a covering letter indicating the areas and/or subject unit/s you are interested in teaching, to John McGuire, Academic Director at J.McGuire@city.westernsydney.edu.au
Applications will be open until suitable candidates have been found.
Successful applicants require working rights in Australia, and will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks, which may include a National Police Check and/or a Working with Children Check.
Navitas strives to be a workplace that promotes diversity, flexibility and equal employment. As such, we invite experienced candidates of all ages, people with a disability and Indigenous Australians to apply.
Apply for Teaching Opportunity in Health Science and Accounting
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly