- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Faculty of Science teaches approximately 7000 full-time student equivalents, with an academic staff of approximately 500 and general staff of 300. The Faculty operational budget is of the order of $100m annually, excluding business activities and research funds (which total around $80m annually).
The Faculty is one of the largest and most complex faculties of UNSW Sydney. It comprises the Schools of Aviation, Biological Earth and Environmental Science (BEES), Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences (BABS), Chemistry, Materials Science and Engineering (MSE), Mathematics and Statistics, Optometry and Vision Science (OVS), Psychology, and Physics. It also includes a number of major Research Centres and field stations.
About the role
- $71K - $80K plus (17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Fixed Term (2 Years)
- Full time
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. We aspire to this in the belief that a great university, which is a global leader in discovery, innovation, impact, education and thought leadership, can make an enormous difference to the lives of people in Australia and around the world.
The Administrator plays a key role in supporting the Faculty’s transition to Operational Excellence, a key enabler of the UNSW Strategy 2025, and general administration within the Faculty and its nine schools.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Demonstrated time management and organisational skills with a proven ability to establish priorities, achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated administrative experience within a large and complex institution or equivalent.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with a customer service focus and the ability to liaise with a diversity of stakeholders at all levels across an organisation.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Marie Simmons, Business Support Manager
T: (61 2) 9385 6285
Applications close: 20th February 2018