Head of School of Law
Queen’s University Belfast
Head of School of Law
Queen’s University Belfast is one of the leading universities in the UK, combining excellence in research and education with a student-centred ethos. As part of Vision 2020, the University is seeking to appoint a Head of Law who will play a key role in delivering this strategy and supporting the Pro Vice-Chancellor of the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences (AHSS), Adrienne Scullion.
In additional to the School of Law, the Faculty is home to four other Schools: the School of Arts, English and Languages; School of History, Anthropology, Philosophy and Politics; School of Social Sciences, Education and Social Work; and, Queen’s Management School. These Schools support the growth of high quality teaching programmes, research themes, and knowledge transfer initiatives that will cross disciplinary boundaries.
The Head of Law will have an internationally recognised research background, with a track record of success in leading and delivering strategic objectives. The appointed candidate will provide academic leadership across the School, be results/outcome driven and have experience of leading innovation and change.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate the following skills, abilities, personal motivation and experience:
- A leader with credibility within the academic community and a proven track record of leading and delivering a strategic vision.
- Credibility within the academic community will be evidenced by an international academic standing in a discipline relevant to the School with a sustained high quality publication record, levels of grant income and PhD supervision.
- A proven track record of leading and delivering a strategic vision will be evidenced by business growth, quantifiable outcomes and clear evidence of measurable deliverables.
- A proven track record of the successful management of financial and human resources in a relevant academic unit.
- Demonstrable experience in, and a passion for, delivering high quality research and teaching, with experience of accountable performance management.
- Experience as an effective team builder and of successfully leading change in a relevant academic unit.
Saxton Bampfylde Ltd is acting as an employment agency adviser to Queen’s University Belfast on this appointment.
A candidate brief with full application details can be obtained from their website at www.saxbam.com/appointments using reference code WQBL2. Click on the ‘apply’ button and follow the instructions to upload a CV and cover letter, and complete the application and equal opportunities monitoring form*.
Alternatively email email@example.com or telephone 020 7227 0880 (during office hours).
Salary will be determined in accordance with the appropriate Professorial ranges as applied within the University.
Closing date: noon on Wednesday 28th February 2018
* The equal opportunities monitoring online form will not be shared with anyone involved in assessing your application. Please complete as part of the application process.
For full criteria and to apply online, visit www.qub.ac.uk/jobs. For further information or assistance contact Human Resources, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on HR@qub.ac.uk
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as people with disabilities and females are currently underrepresented within the Professoriate, it would particularly welcome applications from these groups.