Learning Technologies Specialist
The Singapore campus of James Cook University is fully owned by James Cook University Australia, which is ranked in the top 2%* of universities in the world. James Cook University Australia established its Singapore campus in 2003 as part of its expressed intent of internationalising its activities and offers a suite of university level programs at the Singapore campus covering the areas of Business, Information Technology, Psychology, Education, Accounting, Arts, Aquaculture, Environmental Science, Games Design, Tourism and Hospitality.
James Cook University offers Higher Degree by Research programs# such as Doctor of Philosophy, Master of Philosophy and pathways to a higher degree.
Additionally, the campus offers courses at the pre-university level, specifically designed to provide pathways for students who are unable to immediately meet university entrance standards.
The campus is growing and very friendly and academic staff across the disciplines and administrative staff often interact. At any time, there are students on campus from at least 40 different countries, mainly from the region, but also including a growing cohort from Europe. Singapore is an interesting place to live and provides easy access to other countries in the region. The position offers the successful applicant the opportunity to expand their cultural experience, live in a fascinating and exciting city.Please visit http://www.jcu.edu.sg or http://www.jcu.edu.au for more information.
Overview of Position
The Learning Technologies Specialist will provide leadership in the strategic development and implementation of educational technologies to support eLearning and blended learning across the Campus. The incumbent will contribute to the professional development and research activities of the Teaching and Learning Development unit as required.
- Lead and manage the activities related to Learning Technologies to ensure to ensure high quality and effective service delivery to meet the needs of students and teaching staff.
- Support the identification and evaluation of emerging learning technologies and methods in terms of their potential to integrate with the LMS ecosystem and their articulation with the strategic priorities of the University.
- Lead and manage the development and implementation of the institutional Learning Management System and LMS integrated technologies.
- Provide specialist input and advice to senior managers, working groups, committees and projects as required across the campus with respect to e-learning and associated technologies. chosen coordinator team to ensure optimal support
- Liaise with academics to ensure good coordination between the peer-tutoring program of the University and teaching and support of the lecturers/academic tutors
- Meet regularly with Campus Dean to discuss and review activities of ensuring continuous improvement
- Provide a quarterly activity report to Campus Dean focusing on recommendations for the future
- Conduct professional development to enhance staff performance in aspects of e-learning education and research.
- Contribute to a culture of scholarly research in relation to educational technologies ad e-learning in higher education.
- Advise students on the use of learning technologies.
- Advise staff on the use of learning technologies.
- Recruit appropriate peer-tutors -assess applications, approve volunteers, and monitor a properly
Key Selection Criteria
- Masters-level (minimum) qualification in in educational technology or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in e-learning in a higher education environment, including experience in the design and development of educational media, working with a learning management system, educational pedagogies, and knowledge of contemporary learning technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in time management, problem solving and computer skills
- Demonstrated success in the management of groups of people
- Demonstrated success as a team player with a ‘can do’ approach
Enquiries: Assoc Prof Abhishek Bhati, Campus Dean& Head of Learning, Teaching & Student Engagement: Abhishek.firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment type: Fulltime continuing position subject to Ministry-of-Manpower-Singapore jurisdiction and probationary period
Remuneration and conditions: An attractive package will be negotiated with successful applicant (including relocation expenses and initial accommodation costs) commensurate with qualifications and experience. Candidates should note the relatively lower taxation rates in Singapore and possibility of an annual wage supplement equal to a month’s salary at the end of calendar year.
Teacher Learning Support: SGD63 000 per annum – SGD91 000 per annum
Method of Application
Applications should provide all of the following:
- up-to-date CV including research record
- full statement of qualifications
- statement systematically addressing the Selection Criteria
- teaching profile and recent teaching evaluations
- completed Summary Application Form
Please state position and reference number you are applying for in subject header and send your application to email@example.com
Closing Date: 28 February 2018
We thank you for your interest and regret we are only able to notify shortlisted candidates. The University reserves the right to invite applications or, alternatively, not to make an appointment. The Singapore campus of James Cook University (registered as James Cook University Pte Ltd in Singapore) is a wholly owned company of James Cook University Australia.
* The Academic Ranking of World Universities, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 2017
# The Doctor of Psychology (Clinical Psychology) program is also available