Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Psychology
The Singapore campus of James Cook University is fully owned by James Cook University Australia, which is ranked in the top 2%* of universities in the world. James Cook University Australia established its Singapore campus in 2003 as part of its expressed intent of internationalising its activities and offers a suite of university level programs at the Singapore campus covering the areas of Business, Information Technology, Psychology, Education, Accounting, Arts, Aquaculture, Environmental Science, Games Design, Tourism and Hospitality.
James Cook University offers Higher Degree by Research programs# such as Doctor of Philosophy, Master of Philosophy and pathways to a higher degree.
Additionally, the campus offers courses at the pre-university level, specifically designed to provide pathways for students who are unable to immediately meet university entrance standards.
The campus is growing and very friendly and academic staff across the disciplines and administrative staff often interact. At any time, there are students on campus from at least 40 different countries, mainly from the region, but also including a growing cohort from Europe. Singapore is an interesting place to live and provides easy access to other countries in the region. The position offers the successful applicant the opportunity to expand their cultural experience, live in a fascinating and exciting city.
The Psychology Department at JCUS offers APAC(Australian Psychological Accreditation Council) accredited Bachelor of Psychological Science(Honours), Master of Psychology(Clinical) and Doctor of Psychology(Clinical Psychology) degrees. Please visit http://www.jcu.edu.sg or http://www.jcu.edu.au for more information.
- Management and coordination of coursework teaching teams and significant contribution to coursework delivery
- Supervision of fourth-year and postgraduate research projects
- Research both independently and through collaborations
- Significant professional contribution to the psychology discipline
- Participate in service to the University where appropriate and as requested by the Campus Dean.
Key Selection Criteria:
- PhD in Psychology (final stage completion of the degree considered for Associate Lecturer level appointment only)
- A publication record relative to career stage
- Success in obtaining research funding
- Evidence of quality teaching and supervision of students at the undergraduate and/or postgraduate level
- The ability to teach across a range of subjects including (but not limited to) biological psychology, research methods/statistics, sensation and perception
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relations with colleagues in an academic environment and with people from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
1. Membership (or eligibility for membership) of the Australian Psychology Society (APS)
*The level of the position offered will be determined by the interview panel.
Enquiries: Dr Denise Dillon, Head of Academic Group Education &Psychology;
Tel: +65 6709 3730
Employment type: Fulltime position subject to MinistryofManpowerSingapore jurisdiction and probationary period
Remuneration conditions: Attractive package negotiated with successful applicant(including relocation expenses, initial accommodation costs)commensurate with qualifications and experience. Candidates should note relatively lowerSingaporetaxation rates and possibility of annual-wage-supplement equal to a month’s salary at end of calendar year.
Lecturer: SGD78 000 per annum – SGD110 000 per annum
Senior Lecturer: SGD92 000 per annum – SGD130 000 per annum
Method of Application
Applications should provide all of the following:
- up-to-date CV including research record
- full statement of qualifications
- statement systematically addressingthe Selection Criteria
- teaching profile
- recent teaching evaluations
- completed Summary Application Form
Applications without any of the above will not be considered. Please state position and reference number applying for in subject header and send application to email@example.com
Closing Date: 28 February 2018
We thank you for your interest and regret we are only able to notify shortlisted candidates. The University reserves the right to invite applications or, alternatively, not to make an appointment.
The Singapore campus of James Cook University (registered as James Cook University Pte Ltd in Singapore) is a wholly owned company of James Cook University Australia.
* The Academic Ranking of World Universities, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 2017
# The Doctor of Psychology (Clinical Psychology) program is also available