Associate Professor/Professor in Business and Accounting
The Singapore campus of James Cook University is fully owned by James Cook University Australia, which is ranked in the top 2%* of universities in the world. James Cook University Australia established its Singapore campus in 2003 as part of its expressed intent of internationalising its activities and offers a suite of university level programs at the Singapore campus covering the areas of Business, Information Technology, Psychology, Education, Accounting, Arts, Aquaculture, Environmental Science, Games Design, Tourism and Hospitality.
James Cook University offers Higher Degree by Research programs# such as Doctor of Philosophy, Master of Philosophy and pathways to a higher degree.
Additionally, the campus offers courses at the pre-university level, specifically designed to provide pathways for students who are unable to immediately meet university entrance standards.
The campus is growing and very friendly and academic staff across the disciplines and administrative staff often interact. At any time, there are students on campus from at least 40 different countries, mainly from the region, but also including a growing cohort from Europe. Singapore is an interesting place to live and provides easy access to other countries in the region. The position offers the successful applicant the opportunity to expand their cultural experience, live in a fascinating and exciting city.
The School of Business at JCU Singapore offers both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in Business, Accounting, Tourism and Finance. Please visit http://www.jcu.edu.sg or http://www.jcu.edu.au for more information. Continuing success of the business programs and the increasing demand for graduates in this field has prompted expansion of our academic team. We are seeking suitable candidates for the position of Professor/Associate Professorfor the following disciplines:
- Accounting and Finance/Auditing
The appointee will be an experienced academic / faculty member and will join a young, dynamic and growing team of academics. This is a leadership role in research and research development at the Singapore campus which includes mentorship, guest lecturing and industry engagement.
Applications are invited from candidates in any area of research and practice with a focus in Marketing, Management or Accounting/Auditing.
*The level of the position offered will be determined by the interview panel.
- A leadership role in research training and development.
- Supervision of postgraduate research projects.
- Supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate students engaged in course work.
- Research, including, where appropriate, leadership of a large research team.
- Significant contribution to the profession, and/or discipline.
- Mentorship of junior academic staff.
Key Selection Criteria for appointment as Professor/Associate Professor Business/Accounting:
- A PhD in Business or a related discipline / or a PhD in Financial Accounting or Auditing, or relevant PhD and
- Candidates applying for the Accounting position would need to be a member of/or eligible for full membership of CPA Australia and/or Chartered Accountants Australia (CA).
- A substantial publication record relative to career stage.
- Success in obtaining research funding.
- Evidence of quality teaching and supervision of students at under- and postgraduate levels.
- The ability to teach across a range of subjects at various levels.
- Evidence of academic leadership.
- substantial experience in teaching financial accounting or auditing.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relations with colleagues in an academic environment and with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Enquiries: Dr K Thirumaran, Head of Academic Group Business & IT: email@example.com
Employment type: Continuing position subject to Ministry of Manpower Singapore jurisdiction and probationary period
Remuneration and conditions: The positions command an appropriate remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience. All employment salary arrangements are offered in Singapore currency.
Associate Professor: SGD120,000 to SGD170,000 per annum.
Professor: SGD165,000 to SGD234,000 per annum
Method of Application
Applications should provide all of the following:
- up-to-date CV including research record
- full statement of qualifications
- statement systematically addressing the Selection Criteria
- teaching profile
- recent teaching evaluations
- completed Summary Application Form
Applications without any of the above will not be considered. Please state position and reference number applying for in subject header and send application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 28 February 2018
We thank you for your interest and regret we are only able to notify shortlisted candidates. The University reserves the right to invite applications or, alternatively, not to make an appointment.
The Singapore campus of James Cook University (registered as James Cook University Pte Ltd in Singapore) is a wholly owned company of James Cook University Australia.
* The Academic Ranking of World Universities, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 2017
# The Doctor of Psychology (Clinical Psychology) program is also available