Business Support Analyst
3 days left
- Full Time
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia’s leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We’ve helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia’s first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you’ll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by a beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Macquarie University’s central IT Department delivers a range of core services covering wired and wireless networks, infrastructure, applications, desktop support, telecommunications, design and procurement of systems, project management and business analysis services, strategic IT security, and a growing number of support and advice services (such as information and data management).
The IT organisational structure is designed to create a more service oriented structure, which is underpinned by best practice IT Service Management (ITSM) and the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework.
There are four key directorates as follows:
- Infrastructure & Applications
- IT Partnerships and Engagement
- Client Services
- Policy, Compliance & Programme Management Office (PMO).
IT is striving to better align the support service to Macquarie’s Strategic Plan “A Framing of Futures” in its enhancement of the student and staff experience, facilitation of research and teaching collaborative activities, increased throughput of our research data and its security, increased efficiency and effectiveness of IT working practices, release of IT staff capacity to better support research and teaching developments, and the reduction of organisational risks.
The IT Partnerships and Engagement team is responsible for fostering relationships with faculties, offices and senior stakeholders to identify and forecast IT business requirements and matching IT solutions; coordinate business change programs and ensure training and development opportunities are provided to stakeholders to maximise the IT systems to support research, learning and teaching and administrative activities. The culture and ethos of this role is directed towards client service operating in a highly effective and responsive client focussed central service environment.
The IT Business Support Team is a newly established team to provide business system support to Student Administration functions. We are seeking to fill a number of positions.
We are seeking suitably qualified candidates who recognise the importance of IT as a critical enabler of its operations and student and staff experience.
Reporting to the Business Support Team Leader, the Business Support Analyst works with stakeholders to undertake business process analysis and improvement services for critical corporate systems and interfaces.
- Contribute to the investigation and determining of business requirements and processes in conjunction with key stakeholders to introduce new functionality, conducting process reviews and process mapping.
- Develop and implement business solution to processes including updating of related IT management, practices, procedure and organisational change.
- Apply and monitor the use of modelling and analysis tools, methods and standards in determining stakeholder objectives and underlying issues arising from investigations into business requirements and problems.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders in determining project strategy assessments, requirements specifications and feasibility studies.
- Identify and validate functional, non-functional and transitional requirements with the business users as expressed in use cases and reports.
- Participate in the development of test strategies, test plans and test cases.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent business experience.
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting complicated issues across multiple systems and providing solution.
- Demonstrated experience presenting technical solutions to non-technical users.
- Demonstrated experience in different support methodologies including ITIL and Agile.
- Demonstrated experience with analysis and project coordination.
- Demonstrated experience in managing priorities and working to deadlines.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
For further information, please view the position description below.
To be considered for this position, you must submit a cover letter and a separate document addressing the selection criteria and upload these along with your resume.
Salary Package: From $90,330 to $97,937 per annum (HEW Level 7), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment Type: Full-time, continuing position
Specific Role Enquires: Roz Howard, Director – IT Partnerships and Engagement on email@example.com
General Recruitment Enquiries: Shubha Moorthy, HR Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Sunday, 25 February 2018 at 11:55pm
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.