Associate Professor in Food Technology and Food Microbiology
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
The Discipline of Biosciences and Food Technology is located on the Bundoora Campus of the University and leads research and teaching activities across the areas of Food-Technology/Food Science & Nutrition and in Biosciences (Microbiology, Medical & Veterinary Biotechnology, Plant Sciences & Biotechnology, Environmental Biology & Biotechnology). Within the Food Technology group, the Discipline delivers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Food Technology & Nutrition and Food Science and Technology and Masters and Ph.D. level research degrees.
RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
You will provide leadership and foster excellence in learning and teaching as well as research and engagement activities within the areas of Food Science and Technology and Food Microbiology, within the Biosciences and Food Technology Discipline.
As part of a significant and continuing expansion of the Biosciences and Food Technology Discipline, we also have two other new academic positions available: Lecturer/Senior Lecturer Food Technology and Food Microbiology. For further information, go to yourcareer.rmit.edu.au and search job no. 560276
- Coordination, development and delivery of learning and teaching activities in Food Technology / Food Science degree programs and courses and/or Food Microbiology courses (including within Biotechnology/Bioscience degree programs)
- Develop and lead high quality research activities, including publication and communication of research, seeking and obtaining competitive research funding, developing partnerships and collaborations with industry
- Offer highly-effective supervision to postgraduate and Honours research students
- Undertake degree program leadership and program management activities at undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels.
Skills & Experience Required
- Experience & evidence of high quality teaching and assessment in the university sector in Food Technology / Food Science and/or Food Microbiology
- Significant experience in the preparation and delivery of high quality and innovative teaching materials and courses, including online materials, at undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels
- Experience and evidence of ability to lead and manage degree program(s) [essential for appointment at Senior Lecturer or Associate Professor levels]
- Experience and evidence of conducting high quality research, including an excellent record of research outputs in high quality outlets, relative to opportunity (academic level)
- Ability and/or experience in effectively supervising higher degree by research candidates, relative to opportunity (academic level)
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills with a demonstrated ability to manage time effectively
- A PhD in Food Technology / Food Science / Food Microbiology or a relevant related area
Full details and a guideline of skills and experience required for appointment are provided in the accompanying Position Descriptions. Applicants are requested to address the selection criteria in regards to their experience.
For further information please contact Professor Trevor Stevenson on +61 3 9925 1801 or to view a position description visit yourcareer.rmit.edu.au and search using job reference number 560567, only online applications will be accepted.
Applications close on Sunday 11th March 2018.
Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description. This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
More searches like this
- Permanent Agriculture, Food & Forestry Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Melbourne
- Permanent Biological Sciences Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Melbourne
- Permanent Life sciences Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Melbourne