Training and Support Specialist
- One of Australia’s leading research and teaching universities
- Vibrant CBD location with a strong sense of community and inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating and learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW has developed an exciting ten-year strategic plan focused on Academic Excellence, Social Engagement and Global Impact that aims to see it ranked in the Top 50 universities in the world by 2025.
The University is currently in an exciting phase of transformation and change. Finance is a significant service dedicated to continuing to build a high performance culture whilst delivering excellent finance support.
- Level 6 – 7 Secondment 12 months: $83,653 – 99,306 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Be part of a major transformation across one of Australia’s leading Universities
- Vibrant CBD location with a strong sense of community & inclusion
The Training and Support Specialist supports the Purchase to Pay Manager in delivering high quality training and support for the effective management of the Finance Operations functions and ensuring the accurate and timely recording of finance transactions in accordance with the relevant UNSW policies and procedures.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and deliver training to the Finance Services, Helpdesk, Accounts Payable & Receivable teams on the University’s core finance processes and systems i.e. PeopleSoft (NSF), OneStop & CASD
- Liaise with stakeholders to discuss training requirements, set priorities, coordinate resources and deliver training with effective learning outcomes, schedules and timeframes
- Facilitate the updates on the Finance website with regards to guidance information that is available on the Finance systems and associated processes for Finance Operations
- Proactively review training skill levels via a formal assessment process across Finance Operations and recommend strategies to address identified needs
- Identify specific areas where additional guidance could reduce calls to the helpdesk by monitoring and evaluating volume and types of calls coming in.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Qualifications and/or relevant experience in Information Systems or Finance business processes.
- Detailed knowledge of Peoplesoft ERP (particularly Purchasing, AP & AR).
- Experience in the delivery of training on finance business processes and related systems.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working cooperatively across a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to achieve effective training outcome.
- Demonstrated IT literacy comprising extensive experience with knowledge of relevant programs (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Case Management, and adobe captivate).
- Success in the implementation of recommendations relating to training strategies and approaches with an emphasis on self-directed learning.
Please apply on-line by submitting your resume with a short cover letter. Applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Contact: Nicole James
T: 0407 260 494
Applications close: Midnight Sunday 18 February 2018