Plumber/Steamfitter, Facilities Management and Planning, Mechanical Operations
- Install, maintain and service new and existing commercial, industrial and laboratory plumbing systems.
- Perform preventative maintenance work.
- Install and maintain and service domestic water booster systems with variable frequency drives.
- Maintain and repair sewage ejectors pumps and pits
- Perform gas pipe installation, trouble shoot existing gas installations.
- Install and repair various pumps, valves, circulators, etc.
- Prepare stock lists for material necessary to complete small jobs and project work.
- Answer emergency mechanical system calls.
- Service, inspect and repair back flow preventers.
- Ability to follow and complete work orders and preventative maintenance duties and provide updates on the work order status.
- Ability to work efficiently, productively, and with minimal supervision.
- Follow safety precautions with appropriate PPE; providing an environment for personal and public safety.
- Follow department policies.
- Maintain a clean work site and area that minimally interferes with University operations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Must have a valid Massachusetts Journeyman plumber license with 5 years of experience in commercial or industrial facilities maintenance.
- Must have Process Piping License.
- Experience working with Pro Press.
- Ability to work from ladders and lift heavy items up to 50 lbs.
- Must have own set of hand tools.
- Ability to speak, read, understand and write fluently in the English language.
- Must have and maintain valid Massachusetts driver’s license and daily use of an automobile.
- Knowledge of basic safety procedures.
- Master Plumbers Lic.
- Sprinklerfitters Lic.
- Five years of experience working on renovation projects.
BOSTON, Massachusetts, United States