General Mechanic, NEIDL, Office of Facility Management
The General Mechanic will report through the NEIDL under the supervision of BUMC Office of Facilities Management. This individual will provide consistent and safe service delivery at the NEIDL and throughout the medical center involving all member institutions which enhances the work environment for the center’s community. The successful candidate will perform a variety of activities throughout the campus to maintain safe and efficient facilities. The individual will be part of the maintenance team responsible for executing both the scheduled preventative and the reactionary maintenance program. The focus of the individual’s tasks will be associated with the operation of the Biological Safety Laboratories (BSL) including the core infrastructure and ancillary support systems.
5-8 years of experience and High School diploma required. Vocational or Technical degree preferred. Work requires credentials of a Massachusetts Journeyman's License(s) in the appropriate specialties and building maintenance experience.
Must have and maintain a valid Mass. Refrigeration license.
Must be able to successfully pass a background check including:
- Drug test
- Previous/Current employment verification
- Medical and psychological examinations
Hiring and employment is contingent, in part, upon:
- Ability to successfully complete an assigned Special State Police Academy (if needed) and any additional required training
- Ability to obtain (and retain) an appropriate Massachusetts License to Carry Firearms
- Ability to be appointed (and retain appointment) as a Special State Police Officer (as defined in Massachusetts General Law – Chapter 22)
- Successful completion of initial on-the-job training, the prescribed probation period, and on-going in-service training
**The above information is not a complete listing of all hiring and employment requirements**
As negotiated by the Boston University Security Officers’ Associated. See here: http://www.bu.edu/hr/documents/busoa.pdf
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States