About Ariadne Labs
Ariadne Labs is a joint center for health systems innovation at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and the Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health. Our goal is to drive scalable solutions for better care at critical moments in people’s lives everywhere. Better care means better health outcomes, lower costs, and more actual caring. Critical means solving health systems failures that have major impact, typically touching people by the millions.
Research Methodologist Position
We seek an early career PhD-level researcher with interest in health systems research and skills in research design, statistics, implementation science, and statistical programming.
We are looking for an independent thinker who works well in teams, collaborates well with people from other disciplines, and brings curiosity and high standards to the scientific enterprise. Although the researcher will frequently work independently, s/he will be supported by Ariadne’s scientific leadership, and will join a cohesive team of statistical analytic staff, data architects, research assistants, and program managers.
As part of the Labs’ matrix structure, the researcher will sit on the Data Science team on the Science & Technology platform and will work with clinical research teams in a variety of health domains, such as surgical safety, palliative care, safe childbirth, and primary health care.
We welcome applicants with backgrounds in public health, epidemiology, health policy, biostatistics, or related fields.
A cover letter is required.
- Principal duties and responsibilities
- Working closely with clinical colleagues, support research projects with methodological and statistical expertise
- Construct scientifically rigorous study designs that meet clinical needs, ethical review, feasibility requirements, financial constraints, and publication standards
- Write methods sections for grant applications, study protocols, manuscripts, and IRB submissions
- Develop and carry out analytic plans for existing and new datasets, including diagnostic, descriptive, and inferential analyses as needed
- Communicate scientific results in various venues
- Collaborate with scientific colleagues on operating and developing the Data Science team and the Science & Technology platform
- Mentor research assistants and project coordinators
- Contribute to the overall scientific integrity of Ariadne Labs
- PhD (or comparable terminal degree) in public health, epidemiology, health policy, statistics, or related field
- 3-5 years’ relevant postdoctoral experience
- Statistical programming skills (SAS preferred. Stata, SPSS, R, or similar package acceptable)
- Familiarity or experience with health systems research, implementation science, adaptive trial design, or related methods
- Familiarity or experience with data management and HIPAA regulations
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Intellectual flexibility, curiosity, and willingness to learn
- Familiarity with systems science or complex systems
- Training or experience in behavioral economic research
- Skill in literature reviews and content synthesis
- Experience collaborating with clinicians
- Experience working in a matrix environment
- Experience with IRB relations or human subject protections
- Data visualization skills
Special Instructions Contact Information
401 Park Drive, 3rd Floor East
Boston, MA 02215
Contact Email email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Minimum Number of References Required Maximum Number of References Allowed Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
More searches like this
- Permanent Computer Science Other Research Related jobs in Cambridge
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Other Research Related jobs in Cambridge
- Permanent Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Other Research Related jobs in Cambridge
- Permanent Other Health & Social Care Other Research Related jobs in Cambridge