HR and Finance Administration Officer
2 days left
- Full Time
Rural Health / University Centre for Rural Health – North Coast
Faculty of Medicine
- Join an organisation that encourages progressive thinking
- Full time, fixed term contract until Dec 2018 located in Lismore
- Remuneration package: $84K which includes leave loading and up to 17% super
About the opportunity
This position works with another HR/Finance Officer as a team to fulfil the accountabilities listed below. One of the two roles has a higher focus on HR and the other on Finance; however, they both support each other in fulfilling the key accountabilities to ensure that the needs of the Centre are met.
The Manager, Finance & Business Operations will work with the HR/Finance team in allocating areas of responsibility across the two positions.
The position provides a broad range of administrative functions and support, working within the University of Sydney systems and policies regarding:
- the processing of HR-related processes and documentation for the UCRH
- providing financial support to the operations of the UCRH, including expenditure analysis, monthly reporting, processing of accounts payable and receivable, asset register and journal processing.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a HR & Finance Administration Officer who possesses:
- certificate IV in Business Administration or equivalent with relevant business administration experience
- a proven ability to interpret and understand HR policies, practices and entitlements and their interaction with relevant awards or enterprise agreements, and to maintaining appropriate standards of confidence in relation to personal and sensitive data
- high level computer literacy with advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- numeracy skills together with experience in controlling income, expenditure for reconciliation, budget tracking and accounts processing
- proven ability to share knowledge and organise work in a team environment to ensure continuous improvement in delivering customer service within effective and efficient systems and processes.
Previous experience working in a Higher Education environment is desirable.
The University of Sydney has a strong commitment to rural health. The three academic units which primarily drive the Rural Health research agenda are the School of Rural Health, the Broken Hill University Department of Rural Health and the University Centre for Rural Health.
The School of Rural Health with campuses in both Dubbo and Orange provides a supportive and innovative educational and research environment.
The School also provides an academic focus for clinicians, teachers and researchers who wish to become part of the University presence in a rural environment. Funding comes from Rural Health Multidisciplinary Training Programme through the Australian Government, Department of Health.
The University Centre for Rural Health (UCRH) provides a multidisciplinary centre of excellence in education of students for clinical practice in rural health and conducts research relevant to the health needs of rural communities situated within the Northern Rivers region of NSW and elsewhere. The UCRH is focused on building research leadership and capacity within the region. It actively engages in the area’s rural health priorities including policy implementation and Aboriginal health.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth.We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Please note: visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Closing date: 11.30 pm 25 February 2018
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.