Education Program Developer
Faculty of Science
Sydney School of Veterinary Science
- Opportunity to develop and design market aligned, effective, flexible adult/continuing education programs, workshops and conferences
- Located at Camperdown Campus
- Part-time (FTE 0.5, 17.5 hours per week) fixed term for 3 years, remuneration package: $84K p.a. pro rata which includes base salary, leave loading and up to 17% super
About the opportunity
The Education Program Developer works closely with the Marketing team to ensure that educational programs are appropriately aligned with market requirements and with all staff of the Centre for Veterinary Education (CVE) to ensure integrated support for educational programs the meet the CVE's objectives.
In this position, you will:
- managed and oversee the running of a portfolio of CPD courses
- contribute to improve existing and develop new education programs and courses that will meet market requirements and CVE objectives
- apply adult/continuing education principles for content development, design and editing
- build and continuously develop knowledge of the veterinary sector and keep up to date with new and emerging adult and continuing education practices
- design feedback surveys and review subsequent feedback and any other pertinent data.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for an Education Program Developer who possesses:
- certificate IV training design and assessment qualification and applicable experience
- sound knowledge of contemporary learning issues and adult learning principles
- training program planning, design and delivery skills and experience
- layout design, content development and editorial skills
- sound administrative background with the ability to deliver on tight deadlines.
The Faculty of Science is one of six faculties operating within the University and includes the Schools of Chemistry, Geosciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Mathematics and Statistics, Physics, Psychology, the Sydney School of Veterinary Science and the Unit for History and Philosophy of Science. The Faculty stewards a range of research entities including the Sydney Institute of Agriculture and the Lambert Initiative for Cannabinoid Therapeutics, and partners with University-wide research centres including the Charles
Perkins Centre (CPC), the Brain and Mind Centre (BMC) and the Australian Institute for Nanoscale Science and Technology (AINST).
The Sydney School of Veterinary Science is an internationally renowned provider of education and researchand has staff and students based on campus at Camperdown and the University’s Camden campus. A keycontributor to world best practice in the care of and welfare of animals for more than 100 years, our ongoingsuccess is a result of the contribution of our innovative team of academic and professional staff members.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth.We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ more than 6,000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Please note: visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11.30 pm 25 February 2018
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
©The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.