Professor in Pharmacy
College of Pharmacy
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
Launched in 2006, this country’s first and only College of Pharmacy utilizes an innovative ability-based curriculum and a student-centered approach to teaching and learning to provide the knowledge and skills necessary to graduate competent pharmacists to meet the health care needs of society. The College currently offers two degrees, a 5-year program Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy (BSc (Pharm)), and a Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree for select graduates pursuing advanced clinical training. We intend to offer an MSc (Pharm) degree in 2011. We are building an active, culturally and academically diverse faculty of the highest caliber, skilled in the scholarship of teaching, discovery, application and integration of knowledge. See our website at www.qu.edu.qa/pharmacy for further information.
Duties & Responsibilities
- background in natural product chemistry and pharmaceutical analysis.
- excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- a professional degree in pharmacy.
- demonstrated excellence in teaching and research are preferred.
- Teaching and coordinating courses associated with natural product chemistry and pharmaceutical analysis at both the undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- a strong research record as evidenced by publication in reputable peer-reviewed international journals.
- Establishing an active independent research program that incorporates undergraduate and graduate research training and complements the existing research strengths of the College.
- Minimum requirements include a PhD degree.
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.