- One of Australia’s leading research and teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community and inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating and learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Business School is a leader in business education and research in the Asian region and one of the largest Business Schools in Australia with more than 15,000 students, 500 academic and professional staff and more than 80,000 alumni and partners. The Business School offers a full suite of business degree programs at undergraduate, postgraduate, coursework and research levels, including the AGSM MBA programs and a range of Executive Programs. Its direction is guided by a business advisory council of leading CEOs, chairpersons and other business leaders.
The School of Banking and Finance continues to drive excellence and innovation on a global scale as a leader in finance. We maintain close ties with industry, both locally and internationally, and aim to cultivate an enthusiastic and exciting research and teaching culture. The School also offers a diverse range of programs in banking and finance.
About the role
- $71K- $80K (plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Continuing, Full-time (35 hours per week)
The School of Banking and Finance is seeking to employ a highly motivated and experienced Administrative Officer to provide a high level of administrative support and expertise to all staff including senior managers and unit managers. The Administrative Officer is part of the School’s professional team focused on delivering exceptional service on a broad range of administrative functions.
Other areas of responsibility include:
- Coordinate diverse activities and collaborate with the Faculty Research Office to support the Schools HDR programs, including: admission and selection process; enrolment; student on-boarding and induction, annual review of progress, thesis examination
- Support the operations of the School by accessing and engaging with the various shared service interfaces, e.g. complete service requests with the Financial Operations Team in regard to processing of financial transactions including invoices, purchase orders, staff and student reimbursements, using the Staff Expense Management System, reconciliation of Staff Travel Cards
- Coordinate various projects in liaison with the managers and ensure goals, timelines and actions are respected
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Established administrative experience within a large and complex institution or equivalent
- Demonstrated time management and organisational skills with a proven ability to establish priorities, achieve objectives and meet deadlines
- A performance-oriented approach with demonstrated ability to act with a high level of independence or within a team, initiative, problem solving, analysis and judgment to provide accurate and appropriate outcomes Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills including the ability to liaise with a diversity of stakeholder and client groups
Applicants should review the position documentation and systematically address the selection criteria in their application.
Acting School Manager, School of Banking & Finance
Applications close: 11.59 pm 23rd February 2018