- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Prince of Wales Clinical School (POWCS) delivers high quality medical education to both undergraduate and postgraduate students, as well as elective students. The school has more than 300 undergraduate and 70 postgraduate students across the programs of Medicine and Surgery and over 120 staff members located at the Prince of Wales Hospital site in Randwick and at the Lowy Cancer Research Centre on the Kensington Campus.
The Translational Cancer Research Network (TCRN) is affiliated with the Faculty’s Prince of Wales Clinical School and has been established to create an innovative and supportive environment for the translation of research findings into real world outcomes, for the benefit of individuals with cancer and their health care providers.
About the role
- $102,567 - $115,564 plus (9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading, pro rata)
- Maternity leave replacement position, Fixed Term for 10 months from April 2018
- Part-time (28 hours per week)
The Translational Cancer Research Network is seeking an experienced and self-motivated Project Manager to oversee the HSA (Health Science Alliance) Biobank, Data Linkage Program and Surgical Oncology Flagship of the TCRN. A key goal of this role is creating infrastructure that will support cancer research in NSW.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Postgraduate qualifications or relevant experience in project management in the hospital workplace or tertiary education sector; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Demonstrated exposure to and experience in any of the following - biobanking, cancer research, data collection and management, hospital administration, pathology or patient care.
- Demonstrated experience working with health data in a clinical or research setting, including an understanding of Human Research Ethics requirements.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Nicki Meagher, Project Manager, TCRN
T: (61 2) 9382 8853
Applications close: 21 February 2018