- Provide operational leadership in the day to day running of the School
- Ongoing full-time role
- $102,115- $115,564 plus 17% superannuation
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Business School is a leader in business education and research in the Asian region and one of the largest Business Schools in Australia with more than 15,000 students, 500 academic and professional staff and more than 80,000 alumni and partners. The Business School offers a full suite of business degree programs at undergraduate, postgraduate, coursework and research levels, including the AGSM MBA programs and a range of Executive Programs. Its direction is guided by a business advisory council of leading CEOs, chairpersons and other business leaders.
We have an exciting role available in the School of Banking and Finance.
This role will suit operationally focused professionals with a blend of administrative and people management experience and skills. Reporting to the Head of School, and part of the administrative management team of fellow School Managers, you will contribute to the development and implementation of procedures and systems that support the efficient operational management of the School.
The School Manager will be responsible for the efficient day to day operational management of the School and act as a change champion supporting the delivery of the 2025 Strategy.
The successful School Managers will:
- Work with the Head of School (HoS) and Faculty Executive Director (FED) to advance, develop, evaluate and maintain teaching and research strategies that align with the Faculty’s mission, and provide strategic management advice to the HoS on the full range of School activities and performance;
- Provide operational leadership and advice in the day to day running of the School and provide leadership in a change process as we deliver our 2025 strategy;
- With the HoS, plan, manage and allocate human, physical and financial resources to deliver School services in all functional areas e.g. teaching and learning, research and research training and administration;
- In line with Faculty and University plans and processes, manage, advise and report on a range of functional areas concerning budgets and finances, human resources, facilities and physical resources, records and information systems, communications and marketing, and student administration.
Skills and Requirements:
With a Degree in a relevant discipline and at least five years of management experience, the ideal candidate(s) will possess:
- Proven ability to consult with and influence a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated analytical and complex problem-solving skills.
- Extensive experience in supervising, developing and managing staff.
- Proven ability in management of budgets and financial and other resources.
- Skills in strategic and resource planning, goal setting and project management.
- Experience in process improvement practices or leading change process.
Please submit your resume and cover letter (ensuring you address the selection criteria listed in the job description).
Applications close: 11:59 pm, 26th February 2018