Assistant/Associate/Professor in Mass Communication
6 days left
- Full Time
Mass Communication Department
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the national institution of higher education in Qatar. It provides high quality undergraduate and graduate programs that prepare competent graduates, destined to shape the future of Qatar. The university community has diverse and committed faculty that teaches and conduct research, which addresses relevant local and regional challenges, advances knowledge, and contributes actively to the needs and aspirations of society.
Qatar University is an intellectual and scholarly community characterized by open discussion, the free exchange of ideas, respectful debate, and a commitment to rigorous inquiry. All members of the University - faculty, staff, and students- are expected to advance the scholarly and social values embodied by the university.
The College of Arts and Sciences(CAS) houses twelve departments, covering a wide range of undergraduate specializations in the Arts and Sciences including English Literature &Linguistics and Arabic Languages, History, Sociology, Social Work, International Affairs, Mass Communication, Psychology, Policy, Planning &Development, Statistics, Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Public Health, Biomedical Sciences, Material Science, Sports Science, and Human Nutrition. The College also houses five Master Programs, which are in Environmental Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, Gulf Studies, Material Science and Arabic Language. In Fall 2013, CAS launched a PhD in Biological and Environmental Sciences. Additionally, the College offers a Program of Arabic for Non- Native Speakers. Also it has recently established three research centers namely Center for Social Science and Humanities, Center for Sustainable Development, and Gulf Studies Center. The College started a PhD in Gulf Studies, a Master in Applied Statistics, and a Master in Public Health in Fall 2015.
It is worth mentioning that as members of QU, CAS faculty members have excellent opportunities to secure intramural and extramural funding for their research ideas. Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF) is major source of research funding, with individual project funding limit exceeding 1 million/project (5 million exceptional projects) along with student research funding programs. As the national and largest University in the country, Qatar University is the recipient of most of QNRF awards, with many research- active faculty members able to win multiple grants.
The Department of Mass Communication at Qatar University is one of very few departments accredited by ACEJMC outside of the USA. It offers a Bachelor of Arts program with three areas of specialization: Print/Online Journalism, Strategic Communication, and Broadcast
The Department of Mass Communication at Qatar University invites applications for Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor in Mass Communication.
The successful candidate is expected to have a good record of teaching in both Arabic and English.
Also, the successful candidate is expected to have experience in curriculum development, supervision of graduation projects and a competitive record in research activities and scholarly publications.
The department seeks a candidate whose teaching style supports a diverse student body. The successful candidate is expected to hold a doctorate in Mass Communications or related communication fields; and to have university-level teaching experience in the field of mass communication.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Contribute to various committees at the Department, College, and University levels
- Contribute to the research profile of the College through research and creative endeavors.
- Serve as student advisor
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Department
- Ph. D. in the relevant area of emphasis
- Strong peer reviewed publication record
- Teaching experience at tertiary level
- Familiarity with educational technology
- Willingness to work with teams
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (Arabic and English).
- Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.